Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe
The famous Everything But The Bagel Seasoning made easy at home. This Everything Bagel Seasoning recipe is nothing short of flavor packed and so simple to whip up in just a few minutes. You’ll put this on just about everything from chicken to your morning avocado toast.
If you’re an Everything Bagel addict like I am, you’re going to love this recipe I dug up from the archives. I felt like it needed new life and some fresh pics. Plus, you’ll be putting this on just about everything you make….I use it like salt!
Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe
If you haven’t heard of Everything Bagel Seasoning you may be living under a rock. Or you’re not on social media much. This all purpose seasoning blend is made up of a cornucopia of spices you can find in your kitchen pantry.
Sesame Seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, dried garlic and salt are the primary (and only) ingredients you need to whip up this pantry powerhouse. Known as a popular topping for bagels, this seasoning has exploded on the culinary scene and added to so many other recipes because it’s soooo good!
How to Make It
I love making my own seasoning blends at home because it’s much more economical. Things like Fajita Seasoning and Pizza Seasoning cost much more in a tiny little package than it does (per ounce) to make it in bulk at home. This is super simple to whip up because you just whisk everything together.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Sesame Seeds – I like to use white toasted sesame seeds but you can use black if that’s what you have available.
- Poppy Seeds – I LOVE the flavor of poppy seeds and sometimes I’ll add a little extra for the contrast.
- Dried Minced Onion – You can find dried onion in the spice section and it’s, basically, dehydrated onion flakes. There’s really no substitute.
- Dried Minced Garlic – This is processed the same way the onion is and you really want the big flakes for your seasoning. You can not substitute with garlic powder or garlic salt.
- Salt – I like to use pretzel salt here because it doesn’t dissolve on baked goods. If you can’t find pretzel salt you can use another large flake salt like kosher salt or sea salt flakes.
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 1 year. But it really will not last that long because, like I said before, you’ll be putting this on everything.
How To Use It
So, now that you have your homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning….you can use it in so many different ways.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Top an avocado for a simple snack.
- Bake up a loaf of Everything Bagel Bread
- Sprinkle on your morning toast
- Season a Baked Chicken Breast.
- Bake these amazing Keto Cheese Crackers!
- Or make THESE sourdough crackers.
- Spice up some green beans or a pot of mashed potatoes.
The possibilities are endless and I’m sure you’ll come up with a boatload of your own ideas for using this versatile Everything Bagel Seasoning!
Get the Recipe: Everything Bagel Spice Blend
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pretzel salt or other coarse salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and transfer to an airtight container. Store in a dry place for up to 60 days.