Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
This easy Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri recipe checks all of the right boxes! It’s sweet, blended to smooth perfection, and has just the right amount of rum to get the party started. The best part? You only need 4 ingredients to make this summertime staple!
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
Blended fruity drinks are just the best, aren’t they? I can’t think of a better way to beat the heat than with something like this amazing frozen strawberry daiquiri! As much as I do love ordering these drinks at beach bars and by the poolside, I can never quite trust that they’ll be made just right. After all, I like my daiquiris with real strawberries, not too much sugar and a good amount of rum.
Too often, I order a strawberry daiquiri and get handed a super sweet slushy that’s got artificial strawberry flavor. That’s why I love this easy at home recipe! All you need to make a real strawberry daiquiri is frozen strawberries, simple syrup, light rum and lime juice. That’s really all there is to it! And when you make your own cocktails at home, you also have the added benefit of being able to add a floater with no extra charge.
Whether you’re planning a pool party or just need to treat yourself to a little something boozy and sweet, this is the recipe to use! This strawberry daiquiri recipe always blends up the best results. It’s got plenty of fresh flavor, the best amount of sweetness, and the perfect amount of rum. And guess what? If you disagree, that’s okay – because you can always add more or less of any ingredient as you see fit. Cheers!
How to Make Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris
This recipe is quick and easy! Perfect for blending up in the middle of a party when you want to offer some great cocktails without being stuck in the kitchen for too long.
- Blend. Add all of the measured ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth. Stop and scrape if needed.
- Garnish and serve. You don’t have to add a garnish, but it sure is fun! I recommend topping off your daiquiris with some fresh strawberries and limes for a nice pop of freshness. You can also top your daiquiris off with an extra shot of rum (a floater) if you’d like!
Tips for the Best Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
Take a quick look at these notes to help you get the very best strawberry daiquiri every time!
- Use good light rum. You don’t have to use a super expensive top shelf option, but stay away from the cheaper bottom shelf options (especially if you want to avoid a headache the next day)! A good quality middle of the road rum works well here. Remember, a cocktail is only as good as the liquor you use.
- Frozen strawberries are the way to go. You do NOT want to try and swap out the frozen strawberries for strawberry syrup and ice cubes! Trust me, the flavor and consistency will just not be the same. For the very best results, be sure to only use frozen strawberries.
- You can make them virgin. Just skip out on the vodka! If you notice a change in consistency without the vodka, just add a splash of water until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Make your own simple syrup. It’s so easy to do and will save you some money! Check out my quick and easy simple syrup recipe for more info.
Which rum is best for a strawberry daiquiri?
A white (or light) rum is the way to go. White rum has a touch of sweetness that pairs perfectly with the sweet berries and simple syrup!
Sip the summer away with more of the best cocktail recipes!
Get the Recipe: Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 5 ounces light rum
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sliced strawberries and lime, for garnish, if desired.
- 1 blender
- Add the strawberries, simple syrup, rum and lime juice to the pitcher of a blender and seal with the lid.
- Blend until smooth.
- Divide between two glasses and garnish with berries/lime, if desired.
- Serve immediately