Garlic Bread Spread (Garlic Butter)
Garlic Bread Spread (also called garlic butter spread) features roasted garlic, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and of course butter! Spread this garlicky goodness on a grilled cheese or toss it onto some pasta. There’s no bad way to enjoy a butter this good!
Garlic Bread Spread
You know that feeling you get when you bite into a perfect piece of garlic bread? Enjoy that feeling all the time with this easy recipe! Butter is all dressed up with roasted garlic, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning to create that signature garlic bread taste you know and love. Plus, I’ve included plenty of tips and tricks below to help you make the very best garlic butter every single time.
There are so many uses for this stuff! Spread it on a piece of toast, smear it on a grilled cheese or toss it onto some cooked pasta. If you get creative with it, be sure to comment below and let me know how you serve your garlic bread spread! You could even place a small jar of it on a charcuterie board and serve it with crostini for a party snack. There’s really no bad way to enjoy this butter!
The best part about this recipe (other than how good it is)? It’s SO easy to make. Once the garlic is roasted, you pretty much just toss everything together until combined and serve. It’s a quick and easy recipe that home cooks of all levels can whip up with ease. Serve this low-stress spread at your next wine night with friends and watch it disappear!
How to Make Garlic Bread Spread
This creamy garlic butter recipe comes together in just a few easy steps. It’s a hassle-free recipe that you’ll love making time and time again!
- Blend. Add all of your measured ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until combined.
PRO TIP: Make sure your butter is fully softened to room temperature prior to serving. If it’s cold, it won’t spread easily.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the very best garlic butter spread! For the exact measurements, scroll to the very bottom of this post.
- Butter – Try to use a good quality butter if possible. It’s essentially the main ingredient here, so even though it’ll be dressed up with other ingredients, it’s important that it also tastes good and has a thick consistency.
- Garlic – You’ll need quite a few roasted garlic cloves for this recipe. Check out my instructions for how to perfectly roast garlic HERE!
- Parmesan Cheese – I highly recommend grating your parmesan cheese right off the block for the best flavor and consistency. Pre-shredded cheese is coated in a powder to help prevent the cheese from clumping in the bag. This also effects the flavor and how well it mixes with the other ingredients in this butter.
- Italian Seasoning – Get the very BEST flavor when you use my recipe for homemade Italian seasoning!
How to Serve Garlic Bread Spread
I mean, you could just eat this garlic butter spread with a spoon… But here are a few slightly more sophisticated ideas.
- Spread it on a grilled cheese, especially if that grilled cheese is made with mozzarella! You can spread it on the outside of the bread and on the inside because you can never have enough.
- Step up your buttered noodle game with this spread! Swap out your regular butter with garlic bread spread and enjoy every garlicky bite of pasta.
- Keep it simple with toast. It’s like enjoying garlic bread with half the effort!
- Offer a small jar of this garlic butter as part of your next charcuterie board.
Enjoy more of my favorite buttery recipes!
- Homemade Garlic Butter Sauce
- Grilled Clams with Garlic Parmesan Basil Butter
- Grilled Peaches with Blueberry Basil Butter
- Pan Fried Tilapia with Lemon Butter
Get the Recipe: Garlic Bread Spread Recipe (Garlic Butter Spread)
- 8 tablespoons salted Butter
- 1/2 cup Roasted Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Parsley
- 1 food processor
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and lock the lid in place.
- Process the ingredients until almost smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerator until ready to use.