Grilled Peaches with Blueberry Basil Butter
The perfect recipe for your favorite summer stone fruit! Grilled Peaches with Blueberry Basil Butter make a great summer side dish or light dessert for any occasion.
The best part of summer has arrived, peach season! Biting into a fresh summer peach is one of life’s great pleasures, especially when they’re still warm from the sun. Their tender flesh gives way to a juicy treat that is perfect in just about any sweet or savory dish.
I especially love them in a simple salad topped with a zingy dressing like this one. It’s a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table in a hurry without having to hover over an oven for hours.
But one thing that people often miss out on is throwing their peaches on the grill. Grilled peaches are one of summer’s best kept secrets and the slightly charred edges amp up the sweetness to an extraordinary level. Top them off with a sweet and savory compound butter and you have one magical side dish for the remainder of the summer.
How To Grill Peaches
Grilling peaches is a great way to showcase their sweet, tangy flavor and makes a wonderful recipe perfect for any summer meal. Top with a dollop of an easy to make compound butter chock full of blueberries and basil for a great creamy counterpart to the subtle tartness of the peach.
The leftover butter is fantastic on grilled fish and beef, I love saving a bit for a savory twist on my morning muffins, too!
Grilled peaches couldn’t be easier to make, just slice your peaches in half and remove the pit.
Brush lightly with olive oil and place on the grill.
Once your peaches have softened, remove to a platter and top with the Blueberry Basil Butter.
They’re wonderful as a side dish with something rich like barbecue ribs. But, also, make a fabulous dessert that’s light and sweet if you’re not really into baking something.
What To Serve Them With
The whole spread just screams summer to me, toss in a few ears of corn and you have one amazing party…even if it’s just for one or two.
More Easy Peach Recipes
- No Bake Peach Pie
- Easy Peach Crostini with Ricotta
- Honey Thyme Peach Crostini
- Easy Peach Slab Pie
Get the Recipe: Grilled Peaches Recipe with Blueberry Basil Butter
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- 4 large peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or canola oil
- Place butter and blueberries in a food processor and pulse 4-5 times to blend, then process for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a small bowl and fold in the chopped basil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush the cut sides of the peaches with oil and place on the grill, cut side down.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they begin to soften. Place on a platter.
- Top each peach with 1/2 tablespoon of the blueberry basil butter and serve immediately.