Goat Cheese Dill Potato Salad
Light and tangy, Goat Cheese Dill Potato Salad is a tasty twist on the classic summer side dish. Tender Yukon gold potatoes are tossed with a creamy goat cheese dressing with a healthy dose of fresh dill. A great make ahead salad….it’s even better the next day!
Sooooo, we just got another dog. And it’s tons o’ fun. The whole puppy thing, it’s like having another baby but one without a diaper so you can’t take your eyes off of it for one second because you may miss that telltale sign that the dog needs to get outside….stat. The sniffing….the little guy will start to sniff around which means…it’s time to go outside. You can easily become distracted by a Real Housewife or the UPS man and miss it. It’s been happening to the hubs quite a bit. Right now, in fact….I can hear him in the other room frantically shouting no, no, no….and I’m in here just typing away. Making myself busy because I know he knows where the cleaning supplies are. I’m off duty….plus, the puppy was at my feet all day and there were zero accidents. I am Alpha. 🙂
Not to mention….I have to share this amazing recipe with all of you because it’s quite summery and summer is about to end in about a month. Officially….unofficially it’s over in a week and a half. But that doesn’t mean we can’t still eat all the potato salad and grill all the burgers. Nope, not at all because football season starts to we can burger and potato salad until January. Which is great because this Goat Cheese Dill Potato Salad is seriously a potato salad of epic proportions. Not to difficult to make but simply exploding with flavor.
It’s a completely different flavor than my Smashed Potato Salad where I use the pickle juice to flavor the potatoes. For this Goat Cheese Dill Potato Salad I use a pantry staple, apple cider vinegar, which adds a little sweetness to the warm taters along with that signature vinegar-y pucker we all know and love. The Goat Cheese Dressing is spiked with a ton of fresh dill which makes the flavor taste extraordinarily summery. It’s a no-brainer to have this alongside my favorite Carolina Barbecue Chicken with a big ear of Parmesan Basil Corn on the Cob. Let’s stretch out the season a bit more….my little guy is in school full-time starting next Monday and I have a ton more summering to do. Quite afternoons by the pool are starting to look like they may actually, finally, happen. With a Pineapple Prosecco Cocktail in hand…of course.
Goat Cheese Dill Potato Salad
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatos cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped dill
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Cover the potatoes with water in a medium stock pot and season with 2 tablespoons kosher salt.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil then turn the heat to low and simmer until tender, approximately 12-14 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and immediately transfer to a bowl. Toss with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the goat cheese, sound cream, olive oil, mustard and dill until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the red onion to the potatoes and pour the dressing over top. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.