Basil Parmesan Grilled Corn on the Cob
Salty, buttery, sweet….Basil Parmesan Grilled Corn on the Cob is the easy side dish your friends and family will devour in minutes. Simple and quick, a surprising spin on the usual summer sweet corn.
Grilled Corn on the Cob
It’s the most wonderful time of the year….no, not Christmas. It’s SUMMER! Summer is finally here and with it comes some of the best produce of the entire year. Fresh peaches, refreshing watermelon….plump juicy tomatoes and sugary sweet corn….I’m literally drooling just thinking about it.
It certainly makes eating healthier a lot easier (although I still love a big bowl of chocolate ice cream or a slice of cake). And going to the farmer’s market is a ton more fun than in the winter….don’t ya think?
And I love to fire up the grill so things are less messy in the kitchen. Sure, boiling corn on the cob is a tasty way to impart flavor but have you ever Grilled Corn on the Cob? It adds a nice smokey flavor with some caramelization of the sugars in the corn. The perfect sweet and savory treat!
How to Make It
So, just in time for all the summer parties to rush on in….I bring to you one of my favorite things ever. Grilled Corn on the Cob…but not just ANY corn on the cob. This one is slathered in a Basil Parmesan Butter and THEN topped with more fresh, chopped basil and finely grated parmesan cheese!
Make the compound butter by mixing the butter, cheese and basil in a bowl.
Brush the corn with olive oil.
Place the corn on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and continue cooking until slightly charred and caramelized.
Transfer to a platter and slather with the compound butter.
Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
What To Serve It With
While this corn on the cob is great on it’s own, we love serving it with summer’s best grilling recipes!
- Five Spice Teriyaki Grilled Flank Steak
- Grilled Spatchcock Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Ribeye Steak with Garlic Butter Sauce
- Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs with Honey Butter Glaze
Basil Parmesan Grilled Corn on the Cob would be totally perfect at your next summer barbecue. I love it alongside these Spicy Barbecue Ribs or my favorite Barbecue Chicken. And if you have any leftover corn, whip up this amazing Grilled Corn Salsa or my family’s favorite Black Eyed Pea and Corn Salad…..it’s totally amazing!
More Easy Corn Recipes
Get the Recipe: Basil Parmesan Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 8 ears of sweet corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat grill.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 cup basil with a hand mixer until combined. Set aside.
- Brush the corn with the olive oil to coat.
- Place the corn on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the kernels begin to caramelize. Turn the corn and continue to cook until all sides are a bit charred.
- Transfer the corn to a platter and brush with the basil butter to coat.
- Sprinkle the corn with the remaining cheese and basil.
- Serve immediately.