Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs with Honey Butter Glaze
With this recipe for Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs with Honey Butter Glaze, dinner just got a whole lot easier – and more delicious! Tender chicken thighs are seasoned, grilled, and glazed with the most amazing honey butter concoction you’ll ever have. You don’t want to miss out on this easy dinner!
Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs
This chicken recipe is anything but bland. Before the chicken ever even hits the grill, it’s tossed in a marinade that’s made with ingredients like honey, garlic powder, and vinegar before marinating for at least an hour. Personally, I like to marinate the chicken for about 4 hours to really let the meat absorb all the bold flavors! Then, the chicken is grilled to perfection before being tossed in a homemade honey butter sauce. Are you drooling yet?!
It’s summer, which means grilling is happening pretty much all day every day in my backyard! At least that’s what it’s starting to feel like… and I’m not complaining. Especially not when I’m making recipes like this one! Sometimes, it seems like grills are only used for hot dogs and hamburgers. Remind your friends and family that your grill is good at preparing some seriously good boneless chicken thighs, too! You could also make this recipe using your stovetop, but the grilled flavor the chicken gets over the flames is pretty incomparable.
If you’d prefer to use chicken breasts instead of thighs, you’re more than welcome to do that too! However, you’ll need to adjust the cooking time, as breasts are much thicker than thighs. Also, I really love the way that both the marinade and the grill make the thighs so unbelievably tender. Cutting into these grilled chicken thighs is like cutting into butter, they’re so tender! Double check that the thighs are cooked through, but be careful not to overcook them and dry them out, too. You don’t want to mess up their perfect texture!
How to Make Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Bag them. Place the chicken thighs in a shallow bowl or a zip top bag. Set aside.
- Whisk. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Toss. Pour the marinade over the chicken thighs, tossing the chicken to coat on all sides.
- Marinade. Marinade the chicken for 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Grill. Start by preparing the grill. Then, remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill over medium high heat. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes and then flip the chicken over. Continue to cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until cooked through and the chicken registers 165˚F on a thermometer.
- Keep warm. Transfer the chicken to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Make the glaze. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir in the honey.
- Toss again. Pour the hot honey butter over the chicken and toss to coat.
How do I know when the chicken thighs are fully cooked?
Always play it safe by using a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the chicken before removing it from the grill. Once the thermometer is inserted into a chicken thigh and reads at least 165°F, it’s safe to eat! Once the thighs are fully cooked, remove them from the grill pretty quickly. If your grill is the correct temperature, they should only need a max of 5 minutes on each side. Keep in mind too that chicken thighs can become dry and leathery if cooked for too long!
How long will this glazed chicken stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the refrigerator, any leftovers you have will stay fresh for up to 4 days. For best results, reheat the chicken thighs either on a pan over medium heat, or the air fryer for just a few minutes! The microwave simply won’t do these chicken thighs justice.
More Easy Summer Recipe Ideas
- Grilled Seafood Paella
- Juicy Lucy Burger
- Grilled S’mores Pizza
- Grilled Chicken Spiedini with Garlic Butter Sauce
Get the Recipe: Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs Recipe
For the chicken thighs:
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
For the honey butter glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place the chicken thighs in a shallow bowl or a zip top bag. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken thighs, tossing the chicken to coat on all sides.
- Marinade the chicken for 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Prepare the grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill over medium high heat.
- Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes and then flip the chicken over. Continue to cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until cooked through and the chicken registers 165˚F on a thermometer.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir in the honey.
- Pour the hot honey butter over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.