Honey Butter is an easy to make spread that’ll make just about everything taste better! Grab some good quality butter and honey, combine them with a few other simple ingredients, and you’ve got yourself some spreadable gold. It’s so sweet and creamy – you’ll want to put it on every piece of bread you can find!
So, Honey Butter is just honey mixed with butter, right? Wrong! While you can’t combine those two ingredients and go wrong, there is a way to make it oh so much better.
Just a few splashes of rich heavy cream make the consistency of this butter so much smoother and thicker. Vanilla extract adds a little bit of depth to the honey without overpowering it, and a touch of salt makes it all more mouthwatering.
The uses for homemade Honey Butter are pretty endless. Obviously, it’s fantastic for spreading on bread whether it’s freshly sliced and room temperature or warm and toasted.
More than anything, I think my favorite way to start the morning is with a cup of coffee and Honey Butter spread on a Homemade English Muffin. Trust me, just the thought of it waiting for you in the kitchen will have you running out of bed no matter how early it is!
It’s also nice to serve some Honey Butter at dinner with Brioche Rolls. You know when buttered rolls steal the attention away from your entree, no matter how intricate or impressive it is?
Yes, that’s bound to happen here. This stuff is seriously addictive! It’s sweet without being overly so and the heavy cream really makes it spread like a dream. You won’t be able to get enough!
How to Make Honey Butter
Grab your electric mixer and a bowl. That’s all you need to make this quick and easy butter spread!
- Mix it all. Place all of the measured ingredients in a bowl. Beat them together with an electric mixer until it’s nice and smooth.
- Enjoy! Either store or serve your Honey Butter, and enjoy!
Pro tip – If you really want to make breakfast unforgettably good, spread some of your Honey Butter on a stack of warm Belgian Waffles and thank me later.
Tips for the Best Honey Butter
Here’s how to make sure this easy-peasy recipe turns out pretty perfect every time:
- Use room temperature butter. It’s so easy to forget to leave the butter out on the counter! Make sure it’s sitting at room temperature for at least an hour prior to mixing with the other ingredients for the best consistency. If you try to mix it while it’s cold or melted in a microwave, you’ll end up with a mess.
- Try not to swap the heavy cream with any other dairy products. They won’t add the same richness to the butter that helps it spread so well.
- When it comes to vanilla extract, I always recommend using pure vanilla extract and not imitation for the best flavor.
- Try to get your hands on good quality butter and honey! Organic honey that has a deep golden color will lend the best flavor to the butter, while the overly sweet artificial stuff will just add a sugary taste.
How long will Honey Butter stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, Honey Butter will stay fresh for about a week. Because there’s heavy cream in the mixture, I do not recommend keeping it out at room temperature for long periods of time. I also do NOT recommend freezing Honey Butter! It doesn’t thaw well.
What to Serve With Honey Butter
Add some mouthwatering flavor to your recipes with these easy, spreadable recipes!
Get the Recipe: Honey Butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Sea Salt Flakes, optional
- 1 hand mixer
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter, honey, vanilla, heavy cream and kosher salt together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve on toast, biscuits, pancakes or use to cook savory items like chicken and grilled cheese.