Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
The perfect side dish or appetizer, this three ingredient Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus is garnished with parmesan cheese for a flavor packed bite. The simplest way to entertain a party of one or 20. Super simple, quick and easy.
Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus
Summer is almost here and with that comes insanely easy recipes that are equally tasty. I love to whip up fun appetizers and side dishes to keep things interesting, as well as, quick. Nobody likes standing around the kitchen when the weather is sunny, bright and beautiful.
These easy Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus are my latest obsession. They’re sprinkled with parmesan flakes and served alongside a balsamic reduction for dipping…but they’re so tasty, they don’t really need a dip at all.
And the best part, they’re incredibly easy to make in just a few minutes. You can prep them in advance if you’re hosting a party and toss them on the grill right before serving.
They also contain no artificial flavors and colors, or MSG** (** With the exception of some classics like American cheese and certain value meats.)
Many of the Primo Taglio meats use whole muscle meat with no binders or fillers and Primo Taglio cheese uses the highest quality milk and old world recipes, which can be naturally aged up to 2 years. The high quality ingredients really make this Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus recipe the very best appetizer.
I shopped at ACME, but you can also find Primo Taglio products at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.
How To Make Them
This recipe is really simple to make and it’s great to prep ahead for easy entertaining.
Wrap each stalk of trimmed asparagus with a strip of Primo Taglio Prosciutto.
Brush each asparagus spear with olive oil.
Grill the asparagus until the prosciutto is crisp and the asparagus is tender.
Transfer the asparagus to a platter and sprinkle with prosciutto.
Serve with Balsamic reduction.
I like to serve my Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus alongside Primo Taglio Mozzarella Prosciutto Roll as a mini charcuterie board that’s not so heavy on the meat and cheese. The presentation is lovely and simple but still impressively elegant for simple entertaining.
How To Trim Asparagus
The thicker end of the asparagus can be tough to eat so it’s best to trim asparagus before cooking. To do this, gently bend the asparagus until it snaps and discard the thick, woody end. Wherever the stalk snaps is the spot where the tender part starts and the tougher part ends. Repeat with the remaining asparagus.
I like to store the ends in a freezer bag to use for vegetable stock or cream of asparagus soup.
Tips for Making Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus
- Use thicker asparagus, if you can find it. Thinner asparagus will cook too quickly and become limp before the prosciutto has a chance to crisp up.
- If you don’t have a grill, you can easily pan saute your asparagus in a pan over medium high heat.
- Do not add extra seasoning to this recipe since the prosciutto provides plenty of salty flavor to your asparagus.
More Easy Summer Appetizers
- The Very Best Deviled Eggs
- Easy Antipasto Skewers (Italian Hors D’oeurves)
- Grilled Jalapeno Poppers with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Honey Ricotta Peach Crostini with Crispy Pancetta
Get the Recipe: Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 8 asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- shaved parmesan, for garnish
- Preheat grill.
- Wrap one piece of prosciutto around an asparagus spear and press to adhere. No need for a toothpick, the meat will stick to itself. Repeat with remaining asparagus and prosciutto.
- Brush each spear lightly with olive oil.
- Place the asparagus on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the prosciutto is crisp and the asparagus is tender.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter and garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve with balsamic glaze for dipping, if desired.