Homemade Boursin Cheese
Impress your friends and family with homemade Boursin cheese! This soft, creamy, flavorful cheese is so easy to make and impossible to resist. So, grab your favorite crackers, and prepare to make the BEST cheese appetizer ever!
Homemade Boursin Cheese
The first time I ever had Boursin cheese was at a dinner party years ago. It was love at first bite! After eating several smeared crackers with my glass of wine, I had to ask the host for her recipe.
When she told me it was store-bought, I knew I had to go out and buy some! So, I bought several different kinds, and they were all pretty good. However, after doing some research, I knew I could develop an even better recipe.
After years of trial and error, I’ve finally made what I believe to be the best homemade Boursin cheese ever! It’s super easy to make, but you’d never know that by tasting it.
How to Make Boursin Cheese
If you’ve never made cheese, fear not! It sounds a lot more daunting than it actually is. Especially with this easy to follow recipe that requires ingredients you probably already have.
If you have about fifteen minutes, all the delicious ingredients and a big bowl, then you have everything you need to make this delectable appetizer.
- First, prepare the cheeses and butter. Before you can start doing anything, you need to make sure the cheeses and butter are all at room temperature. They’ll mix a lot better with the other ingredients if they’re not cold.
- Prepare the other ingredients. The only ingredients that require any preparation are the garlic and parsley. Crush and mince the garlic very finely, as you don’t want chunky pieces in the cheese. Then, mince the fresh parsley and set aside.
- Mix the ingredients. Start by mixing the grated parmesan, cream cheese, butter and minced garlic. After mixing those together, add the remaining ingredients and continue mixing until fully combined.
- Create the shape. To achieve the perfect shape, pack the freshly made cheese mixture into a container just large enough to hold the Boursin. Once it’s tightly packed, store it in the refrigerator.
- Serve! To serve, allow the Boursin to reach room temperature. Serve on a cute platter with your favorite crackers, and voila! You now have one of the best cheese appetizers of all time! Feel free to garnish with fresh chives or any of your other favorite herbs.
How To Store Boursin Cheese
Keep the Boursin cheese in an airtight container in the refrigerator. That way, it’ll stay fresh for up to 2 weeks! It’s always great with crackers for an afternoon treat, or with a glass of wine for a late night snack. Either way, you’ll be grateful for any leftovers you have.
What is Boursin Cheese?
Boursin cheese is a soft, creamy cheese available in a variety of flavors and was created in 1957 by François Boursin, a cheese maker from Normandy.
Made with herbs like parsley, thyme and basil, the flavor in this cheese is simply delicious. The texture is made smooth and rich with cream cheese and butter, making is perfectly spreadable.
What To Serve With Boursin Cheese
If you’re trying to cut carbs, that’s okay! There are plenty of other ways to enjoy this cheese. You could always substitute crackers for cucumber or carrot slices. You could also use this cheese to stuff a chicken breast! No matter how you choose to enjoy it, Boursin cheese will deliver.
More Easy Cheese Recipes
- Homemade Pimento Cheese Recipe
- Turkey Cheese Ball
- Marshmallow Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Homemade Ricotta Cheese
Get the Recipe: Homemade Boursin Cheese Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces butter, room temperature
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon chives
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 hand mixer
- Bring the cheeses and butter to room temperature.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, parmesan,, butter and garlic until fluffy.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a container just large enough to hold the Boursin cheese and store in refrigerator.
- To serve, bring to room temperature and serve with crackers or vegetables.