Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Creamy, smooth and amazing, this Easy Hollandaise Sauce recipe needs to be in your cooking arsenal. So easy to make with just a few ingredients and ready in just 5 minutes, and there’s even a video to show you how simple it really is!
I want to make you all rock stars in your own kitchen so you can WOW your guests with your easy, breezy brunch recipes without breaking a sweat. I’m lazy in the kitchen, seriously, so lazy but I love all the good food we enjoy at our favorite restaurants. So, leave it to me to help you out in the process because I found the easiest way ever to make a homemade Hollandaise Sauce recipe in minutes.
I mean, what better way to top your favorite Eggs Benedict recipe than with a homemade Hollandaise Sauce that didn’t come out of a packet. And, trust me, it’s even easier than making it from the packet.
What is Hollandaise Sauce?
If you’re not familiar with Hollandaise Sauce, it’s basically a sauce made by emulsifying eggs, melted butter and lemon juice or vinegar. Formerly called Dutch Sauce, Hollandaise Sauce is one of the five mother sauces in French cooking.
It’s also the base for my favorite Bearnaise Sauce recipe.
How To Make Hollandaise Sauce
This easy Hollandaise Sauce is made in the blender. It’s so simple and quick, I can guarantee you’ll never go back to an instant packet of sauce again.
- Add all the ingredients except the butter to the pitcher of a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Slowly stream in the melted butter and continue blending until creamy.
- Serve immediately.
The friction of the blender blades along with the hot butter will heat the egg while blending making the sauce smooth and silky.
This blender hollandaise sauce is so quick to make, there’s no reason to make it in advance. You can, literally, whip it up right before serving dinner or brunch. Drizzle over this California Eggs Benedict and then dig in!
Pro Tips for Perfect Sauce
- Be sure your butter is hot when you steam it into the eggs or your sauce will not thicken up quickly.
- If you do need to make the sauce in advance, you can reheat it over low heat in a sauce pan. Whisk the sauce constantly so the heat doesn’t scramble the eggs.
- Don’t have lemons, you can use the same amount of white wine vinegar in the sauce.
This Hollandaise Sauce recipe is so simple to make. It’s buttery and smooth…and it’s perfect on just about everything. If you have a thing about raw eggs make sure to use pasteurized eggs. The pasteurization process eliminates the risk of salmonella without changing the nutrition or flavor of the eggs.
And there’s really no other way to get your sauce this smooth and thick with that rich buttery flavor. Great on eggs, all your veggies and basically, anything edible. We love it on this easy Lobster Tail or you can serve it alongside this Filet Mignon recipe.
If you want something a little more spicy, you should definitely try this Jalapeno Hollandaise! It’s so simple, spicy and amazing.
And if you’re still not convinced as to how easy this Blender Hollandaise Sauce is to make….I whipped up a video to show you how to do it. And be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel! I have more great videos out there so you don’t want to miss them.
More Easy Sauce Recipes
- We love this easy Garlic Butter Sauce on just about everything.
- Homemade Steak Sauce is such a life changer.
- The BEST Creamy Horseradish Sauce is ready in minutes.
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- Easy Spanish Romesco Sauce Recipe
Get the Recipe: Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 tablespoons melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- 1 blender
- Add the yolks, water, lemon and salt to a blender. Blend the ingredients until smooth and then slowly add the butter in a thin stream until an emulsion forms.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.