Honey Glazed Carrots
Honey Glazed Carrots are a simple and nutritious side dish that can dress up any plate! Carrots are cooked until perfectly tender in a medley of butter, honey, and a few simple seasonings that really enhance the flavors at play. Serve them with your weeknight dinner entree or as part of a holiday meal!
Honey Glazed Carrots
You’re going to be surprised at how addictive these cooked carrots are! The butter and honey really bring so much delicious, yet simple flavor to the tender carrots. Plus, the pinch of garlic powder and salt really seal the deal by adding a slightly savory element to this veggie side dish! I really love the way that the natural flavors of the carrots are complimented in the best way here.
Oh, and have I mentioned just how easy this stunning side dish is to make?! From start to finish, making these Honey Glazed Carrots should take you just about 15 minutes or so. You’ll only need to use one skillet, which means clean up should be nice and quick as well! If you do make these cooked carrots around the holidays, you’ll enjoy how low-maintenance this recipe is compared to all the others.
One thing I highly recommend here is to use a good quality honey. While the stuff in the plastic bear is sweet and tasty, there’s not much real honey flavor to it at all. Try to find a jar of good quality honey that’s organic and has a rich color to it so it lends the best flavor to the carrots! A good quality butter also helps. When you’re using only a handful of ingredients, they’re all going to really shine, so it’s always best to use good quality items if you can.
How to Make Honey Glazed Carrots
Grab your skillet and let’s get to work! You’re going to love just how quick and easy this recipe really is.
- Cook the carrots. Melt the butter in your skillet over medium high heat. Once melted, Add the carrots and cook until tender. This should only take about 8-10 minutes.
- Make them flavorful. Once they’re cooked and tender, stir in the honey, garlic powder, and salt.
- Make the glaze. Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until the honey mixture starts to thicken and glaze the carrots.
- Enjoy! Season the carrots with some freshly cracked black pepper, serve immediately, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations to Try
Here are just a few tips that’ll make this easy recipe even easier, and some variations that you may be interested in trying!
- Not a honey fan? You can swap it out for brown sugar or maple syrup instead if you’d like.
- Avoid over cooking the carrots. You want them tender, but not mushy or burned. If you’re cooking them over a medium high heat as instructed, they should be ready to go after about 8-10 minutes of cook time!
- Feel free to add any other seasonings you’d like. Paprika, cinnamon, and herbs are all tasty additions if you’re craving a little more flavor.
How long will Honey Glazed Carrots stay fresh?
Wait for the carrots to fully cool before transferring them to an airtight food storage container. In the fridge, they’ll stay fresh for up to 4 days. I recommend reheating them right back in the skillet. In the microwave, they’ll dry out and lose the desired consistency.
Can I freeze Honey Glazed Carrots?
You sure can! Just follow the same storage instructions listed above and pop them into the freezer. They’ll stay fresh in there for about 3 months. When you’re ready to reheat them, just pop them back into the skillet at a medium-low temperature and cook until they’re warmed all the way through.
Keep things delicious and nutritious with these easy veggie side dishes!
- Crispy Smashed Brussels Sprouts
- Green Beans Almondine
- Blistered Shishito Peppers
- Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Get the Recipe: Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 skillet
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the carrots to the pan and cook until the carrots are tender, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the honey, garlic powder and salt.
- Continue to cook, uncovered, for 2-3 more minutes until the honey mixture begins to thicken and the carrots begin to glaze.
- Season with pepper and serve immediately.