Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries #BetterBakery
Give the spiralizer a break and make these crispy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries. Coated in Panko breadcrumbs, parmesan and buttermilk then lightly fried, you’ll never eat regular fries again. So amazingly addictive!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Better Baker, all opinions and statements are my own, as always.
We have finally dug out from Jonas (that’s the big blizzard that hit the east coast a few days ago) and we bought a snowblower. 🙂 A little late to the game but after that mess, we aren’t taking any chances. First, how impressed are you that we even found a snowblower available after a major snow storm? I have to say, I’m pretty “blown” away! Second….I’m pretty sure we have single handedly made sure that it will never, ever, ever snow here again. Ever. But at least we are prepared! And well fed….we ate VERY well during the storm because boredom makes me want to roll around on the floor and whine so I went to the kitchen to whip up a bunch of food.
One perk to being a food blogger is….people send food to your door. Just send it to you to try out and the day before the snow fell I received a package of handcrafted artisan melts from Better Bakery. They sent two flavors to try Cheese & Pepperoni Pizza and Chicken & Bacon Club. I could NOT WAIT to eat them! The sandwiches are handcrafted with each sandwich hand cut, rolled, topped and picked. They are cheesy, bursting with flavor and simply amazing.
As with everything I eat, I like to round out my meal with something equally tasty like Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries. I love a side of fries with my sandwiches and these Zucchini Fries are simply the best. AND they’re a little healthy because they’re made of zucchini…and even though they’re crusted with cheese then given a quick fry….they’re not going to make you bust a button. They’re so easy to make….you can whip them up while your sandwiches are baking. And they’re wonderful dipped in this easy garlic aioli! They’re the perfect pairing for your Better Bakery sandwich. My favorite was the Chicken & Bacon Club….the ingredients used are simply the best with all-white meat chicken and thick cut bacon….I was, literally, chomping at the bit to get them out of the oven and into my mouth as quickly as I could.
Better Bakery sandwiches are also fantastic paired with a side of green beans or this light, tangy cucumber salad. Either way, it’s a quick weeknight dinner or hearty lunch your entire family will love!
To find a Better Baker retailer near you and to grab a coupon click HERE!
Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries
Cheesy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries are crispy, crunchy and totally kid friendly.
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 small zucchini cut into 1/2 inch strips (to resemble fries)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Pour the 1/2 cup of oil into a large skillet and add the garlic clove. Heat the oil over medium heat until the garlic is golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove the garlic and discard.
- While the oil is heating, whisk together the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Pour the buttermilk into a separate shallow bowl. Whisk together the panko and cheese in a third shallow bowl. Dredge the zucchini in the flour, then the buttermilk and panko mixture. Carefully place the zucchini in the oil. Repeat with the remaining zucchini being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Work in batches if necessary. Once the zucchini is golden brown, carefully flip over. If the zucchini is becoming too brown, turn the heat down. When all sides of the zucchini are golden brown, transfer to a wire rack using tongs. (If you're running out of oil, add the remaining 1/2 cup)
- Serve immediately.