Italian Potato Salad
Italian Potato Salad is filling, flavorful, and so easy to make in less than thirty minutes! Tender bites of gold potatoes are tossed together with pepperoncini peppers, artichoke hearts, cannellini beans and more. Italian dressing is what really seals the deal on that mouthwatering Italian flavor, of course!
Italian Potato Salad
We’re in the heat of summertime right now. While I’m pretty over the high temperatures, one thing I never get tired of is a good backyard barbecue or cookout with friends! Usually, main courses like hot dogs and hamburgers are the stars of the show… But side dishes like this easy Italian potato salad really know how to steal that spotlight.
Seriously, this stuff disappears with a quickness every time I serve it. It’s definitely not your usual potato salad, which always piques everyone’s interest. Plus, it’s filling and loaded with bold Italian flavors that always keep your fork going back for more. If you’re planning on serving this to a big crowd, I recommend making a double batch!
Potatoes are all dressed up with a number of ingredients that really hit the spot. Tomatoes, cannellini beans, olives, green beans, artichoke hearts and more create the best medley of flavors and consistencies in this recipe. Plus, it’s all tossed together deliciously with Italian dressing! Oh, and there’s plenty of both provolone AND parmesan cheese to really send it over the top.
How to Make Italian Potato Salad
This potato salad recipe is so quick and easy to toss together!
- Cook the potatoes. Place the potatoes in a big pot and fully submerge them with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart.
- Let them cool. Drain the potatoes, drizzle with vinegar, and let them cool to room temperature.
- Toss the salad. Add the potatoes to a large serving bowl. Toss the potatoes with tomatoes, provolone, beans, olives, green beans, artichoke hearts, red onions and peppers.
- Add the final touches. Stir in the dressing and sprinkle on the salt and pepper. Add parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations to Try
Check out these quick notes before you get to chopping!
- You can make it ahead of time. You can prepare the potatoes and all other ingredients (except for the dressing) up to 2 days ahead of time. Just keep the potato salad stored in an airtight container in the fridge. When you’re ready to serve it, then add the dressing. If stored with the dressing, the ingredients will get soft.
- Add meats. I’m a sucker for antipasto (like my favorite antipasto salad)! If you want to bulk up this potato salad even more, feel free to toss in some chopped salami, pepperoni or proscuitto.
- Use homemade Italian dressing. My favorite recipe for easy homemade Italian dressing is seriously the best and SO much better than the store-bought stuff.
- Gold potatoes are the best. You can use any type of potato you’d like, as long as the pieces are cute to the right bite sized portions. However, I think Yukon gold potatoes are the very best here because they’re so tender and really adapt to the other bold flavors perfectly.
How To Store Potato Salad
Once everything is tossed together with Italian dressing, this potato salad is best served the day it’s made. However, it will stay good when kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Enjoy more of the best potato salad recipes!
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad with Egg and Dill
- The Best Smashed Potato Salad
- Goat Cheese Dill Potato Salad
- Easy German Potato Salad
Get the Recipe: Italian Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup diced provolone cheese
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1 cup spanish olives, cut in half
- 1 cup green beans, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, quartered (we used canned quartered artichokes drained and patted dry.)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini peppers
- 1 1/2 cups Italian Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Chopped fresh Basil and Parsley, optional
- 1 mixing bowl
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill with water to just cover the potatoes. Add 1 tablespoon salt and bring the water to a boil.
- Cook the potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until just fork tender.
- Drain and immediately drizzle with vinegar. Cool the potatoes to room temperature.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, provolone, beans, olives, green beans, artichoke hearts, red onion and peppers. Toss to combine.
- Add the dressing, salt and pepper. Stir the potatoes salad to coat with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped, fresh basil and parsley, if desired.