Jalapeño Popper Dip
Jalapeño Popper Dip is exactly as amazing as it sounds. Jalapeños, cream cheese, cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, bacon and more bake together to gooey, cheesy perfection. This is the BEST game day food to serve while you’re watching your team!
Jalapeño Popper Dip
If I wasn’t positive that all of the cream cheese and bacon are technically unhealthy, I think I could eat this entire baking dish full of dip all by myself. It’s just that good. Truly, with ingredients like both cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, bacon, jalapeños and cream cheese, you just know you’re in for a real treat! This is a no-fail appetizer recipe that you might just need to make a double batch of.
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a dip disappear quite as fast as this one. If you love creamy, cheese, spicy, bacon-y gooness (and who doesn’t), this dip is right up your alley! Plus, it’s also incredible easy to make. It’s one of those appetizer recipes you can whip up right before the party starts without stressing yourself out, which is always nice!
Jalapeño popper dip is great for serving at just about any occasion. However, this stuff just scream game day to me! Maybe it’s the fact that it’s loaded with bacon, or maybe it’s the fact that it pairs perfectly with a cold beer. No matter what the reason may be, this dip is ideal for munching on while you’re cheering for your favorite team. Fly eagles fly!
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Dip
This easy baked dip comes together with just a few easy steps!
- Prepare. Preheat your oven to 375°F and spray a baking dish.
- Mix the ingredients together. Mix together the jalapeños, cream cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar, monterey jack, half of the bacon, garlic powder, onion powder until combined.
- Bake. Spread the dip mixture in an even layer in the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until melted and golden.
- Top it off. Top off your cheesy dip with the remaining bacon along with chives and green onions for some freshness.
Serve with crostini and enjoy!
Tips and Variations on Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Use regular sour cream. Yes, low-fat sour cream will work in a pinch. However, regular sour cream with the full fat content will yield the thickest, creamiest results!
- Control the spice level. The jalapeño seeds are where most of the heat is. Want it spicier? Keep the seeds in the mix. Tamer? Discard the seeds before mixing the jalapeños with the other ingredients.
- Shred the cheese yourself. Here’s the deal – bagged, pre-shredded cheese will definitely work if that’s easier for you! With that being said, freshly grated cheese melts down a lot better and typically tastes better too. I recommend shredding it yourself if you can.
- How to cook your bacon! I have plenty of tips and tricks on how to get good, crispy bacon in both the microwave and in the oven. Use whichever method works best for you.
Storage for Jalapeno Popper Dip
Once the dip cools to room temperature, you can either wrap the entire baking dish with plastic wrap or transfer the leftovers to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat the dip, either place the baking dish back in the oven or microwave it in portions for 30 seconds at a time until warmed through.
I do not recommend freezing jalapeño popper dip! The dairy products do not thaw very well.
Enjoy more of the best hot dip recipes!
Get the Recipe: Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 can diced jalapenos
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack
- 5 slices bacon, cooked until crispy then crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Chopped chives and green onion, optional
- Crostini for serving
- 1 baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the jalapenos, cream cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar, Monterey Jack, 1/2 the bacon, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin to a bowl. Stir the ingredients together until well combined.
- Transfer to a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Top with the remaining cheddar and bake for 15-20 minutes until melted and golden.
- Top with the remaining bacon, chopped chives and green onion.
- Serve with crostini.