Cheesy Hot Spinach Dip Recipe
Easy Cheesy Hot Spinach Dip is the ultimate party starter. Made with simple ingredients, this Spinach Dip is quick to prepare and can be assembled in advance making party planning a breeze.
Hot Spinach Dip
I feel like football season is in full swing and I couldn’t be happier. To me that means more buffalo wings and cheesy dips than we could ever imagine. Dinners of tortilla chips loaded with guacamole and molten cheese. This is the time of year that snacks are totally acceptable forms of dinner.
I’m that person at the football couch tailgate that really has no idea what team is playing at the moment but I could give you a complete play by play of what is on the snack table. It’s like my favorite time of year for the food alone. Nothing ever too fussy, something always crunchy and almost ALWAYS there’s some form of Cheesy Hot Spinach Dip.
This easy Hot Spinach Dip is my go-to game day dip recipe. It’s fantastic for all those holiday parties you’re gearing up for this time of year, too. We always have a trick or treat pregaming party and this dip is always, always there. It’s a huge hit because it’s loaded with all the cheese and it’s ultra creamy. AND the flavor can’t be beat.
It’s almost like my super popular Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe except I left out a few things because not everyone is a fan of artichokes. Don’t ask me why….I categorize them with those people that don’t like chocolate….or dessert.
If you’re a fan of any type of hot cheesy dip, you’re going to absolutely FLIP over this Hot Spinach Dip recipe. It’s insanely easy to make with just a few ingredients you can easily find at any store and you can even prep it in advance then bake it right before serving. Perfect party planning recipe!
This Homemade Spinach Dip recipe has been a staple in my family since I was a little girl attending my mom’s Avon parties and stealing all those mini lipstick samples. I wasn’t really a big fan of it as a kid because, seriously, it was loaded with “green” stuff! But now…..I can polish off a bowl of this dip in record time.
Bonus points because this Spinach Dip can be served hot or cold….but trust me when I say….bake it for extra cheesy goodness. And gooeyness.
How To Make Spinach Dip
This easy Hot Spinach Dip recipe is super simple to make.
Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat oven.
- With a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in the cheese, minced onion, garlic clove, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion power, cayenne, lemon juice, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Fold in the spinach.
- Spread the dip in a baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake your spinach dip until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with crackers, veggies or chips!
Ingredients You Will Need
This list looks lengthy but it’s really easy to find these ingredients right in your kitchen.
- Cream Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- parmesan cheese
- worcestershire sauce
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- lemon juice
- kosher salt
This easy spinach dip recipe is definitely one of those dips you can whip up at a moment’s notice.
Tips for Perfect Spinach Dip
- Be sure to squeeze all the water out of your spinach by either squeezing in your hands or wrapping in a paper towel and wringing it out. Too much water in your spinach will make your cheese separate and cause the dip to be very thin in consistency.
- If you don’t have Pepper Jack Cheese or Sharp Cheddar you can substitute with Colby Jack or a mild cheddar, if you prefer.
- You can use fresh spinach in place of the frozen spinach in this recipe but you will need to cook it first with a quick saute in a bit of water. The frozen spinach is much easier and quicker to prepare, in my opinion.
Can you make it in advance?
You can most definitely make this Hot Spinach Dip in advance. Simply follow the instructions for assembling, then cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Remove the plastic wrap from the dip and bake in the oven as directed in the cooking instructions right before serving.
Variations on Spinach Dip
In addition to the Spinach Artichoke I mentioned before, you can definitely mix in some other flavor boosters to make this easy Spinach Dip recipe your very own.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Jalapenos for a bit of spicy flavor.
- Adding crumbled bacon just makes this dip even more magical.
- Stir in some chopped pimentos for a sweet surprise.
- Jumbo Lump Crab makes this spinach dip fit for the beach!
More Easy Dip Recipes
- Hot Crab Dip is seriously one of our favorites!
- Game day must have BEST EVER Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- Hot Artichoke Dip with Asiago is seriously so cheesy.
- Super easy White Queso Dip.
- Crab Rangoon Dip is always a hit.
- Crazy easy, classic Knorr Spinach Dip!
Get the Recipe: Hot Spinach Dip Recipe
- 8 ounce cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen thawed cut leaf spinach, squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the 3/4 cup pepper jack, 3/4 cup cheddar, parmesan, onion, garlic, worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, lemon juice, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the spinach. Transfer to a small baking dish and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve hot with crackers, crostini or vegetables.