Kiwi Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Recipe
Breakfast on the go has never tasted so dreamy! A Kiwi Pineapple Spinach Smoothie that’s ready in minutes and tastes like a rich, creamy dessert. Bursting at the seams with fresh vitamins and nutrients, you’ll make this one a regular addition to your breakfast, lunch or snacking routine. Blended with smooth avocado and sweetened naturally with banana, kids love this smoothie recipe, too!
When your birthday falls on a Friday, it’s reason to celebrate all weekend long. Same with Monday….you tend to celebrate all week but maybe not so hard on the sugar. I managed to eat my way through the weekend with reckless abandon like it was going to be the last birthday cake I ever ate. And I had two….maybe three cakes to choose from because poor planning is my middle name.
We went to my new favorite restaurant, Parc Rittenhouse, on Friday night and ate our weight in French comfort food. If you ever go, order the chicken. That’s all you need to know. Even if you don’t like chicken….order it anyway and you’ll dream about it for like…..ever.
And then do what I’ve been doing the next day and sip on a Spinach Smoothie. It will make everything right with the world again. Like a Spinach Smoothie detox. And then finish off that birthday cake. Oh, wait…that’s just me.
Either way, birthday cake….Frenched up roasted chicken….gluttonous barbecue ribs….this Kiwi Pineapple Spinach Smoothie will make you feel like you are pumping yourself full of all the healthiness you can muster up in a blender. This easy Spinach Smoothie recipe is so simple to make and you won’t need anything fancy from the health food store to make it even better.
I’ve been making all sorts of green smoothies for years and have, somehow, managed to entice my little guy to drink them on the regular. He thinks he hates spinach but he’ll suck this simple Spinach Smoothie down without batting a long, lush eyelash. (Don’t you just envy little kids eyelashes???) So, even if you think you don’t like green smoothies or green juice, for that matter…..you will LOVE this Kiwi Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Recipe. I promise!
What are the benefits of spinach in smoothies?
Besides the fact that they give your Spinach smoothie a vibrant green color, spinach has many health benefits which make it a MUST for all most all of my smoothie recipes.
- Increases your intake of Carotenoid compounds which may reduce the risk of many cancers like prostate cancer, lung cancer or bladder and ovarian cancer.
- One cup of fresh spinach leaves blended into a smoothie provides almost 200 percent of the daily recommended intake of vitamin K. Vitamin K helps decrease the risk of osteoporosis.
- Spinach contains folate and magnesium, high potassium levels and low sodium levels, which decrease your risk for high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Spinach provides vitamin A and C, antioxidants which reduce cellular damage caused by free radicals in your body. These antioxidants prevent cholesterol from becoming oxidized, building up and sticking to your blood vessel walls, decreasing your risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Adding spinach to your smoothie significantly increases the nutritional quality of your smoothie, upping your fiber, antioxidant, and phytochemical intake.
Can you put raw spinach in your smoothie?
I much prefer to use raw spinach in my smoothie recipes. Raw spinach blends effortlessly into your smoothies and has a light, fresh flavor. I add about 1-2 cups of raw spinach to my green smoothie recipes for added vitamins, fiber and potassium.
Using raw spinach in your smoothies is a great way to add vegetables to your diet without having to eat a salad or a full side of vegetables. This easy Spinach Smoothie recipe is great for those that don’t like to eat a ton of greens.
The added fiber and vitamins in this Spinach Smoothie is great for any weight loss plan as it helps stave off hunger and isn’t loaded with calories or fat.
How do you make a Spinach Smoothie?
Making a Kiwi Pineapple Spinach Smoothie with Avocado is very simple to do with ingredients that are easy to find at your local store.
- Place your avocado, banana, kiwi, pineapple and spinach in a blender. Top with greek yogurt and milk.
- Pulse the blender a few times to get the smoothie started and then puree until smooth, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Pour your smoothie into a glass and enjoy immediately.
Can you taste avocado in smoothies?
If your uncertain about the avocado in this Kiwi Pineapple Spinach Smoothie recipe, don’t worry….it’s fabulous! Avocados provide a surprisingly silky smooth texture to smoothies that make them taste like dessert. It also adds some body and thickness without having to add ice which tends to make smoothies taste watered down.
Avocados are also a great source of healthy fats which help you feel fuller longer.
What should I put in a green smoothie?
That’s a great question and the answer is…..just about anything you want. Any type of leafy green such as spinach or kale works well in a green smoothie but for this Kiwi Pineapple Spinach Smoothie, I used the following ingredients:
- peeled and pitted avocado
- kiwi fruit
- frozen pineapple
- greek yogurt
You can mix and match the ingredients anyway you want, sometimes I’ll throw in a peeled orange because citrus fruits paired with spinach help your body absorb more vitamins and nutrients than it does without citrus.
I, also, opt for frozen pineapple or other frozen fruit to help make the smoothie thick and creamy without having to add ice which waters down the smoothie making it taste a little flat.
If you’re looking for even more easy smoothie recipes, these are a few of my favorites:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie….literally like dessert for breakfast
- Sneaky Shamrock Smoothie…..the OG Green Smoothie recipe.
- DIY Smoothie Freezer Packs.…for this really RUSHED mornings!
- Feeling a little Christmas-y….this Gingerbread Smoothie is just what you need
- Super easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe
- Mango Coconut Lime Smoothie….vacation for your tastebuds
- If you like Pina Coladas….you’ll love this Pina Colada Smoothie
Kiwi Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Recipe
Super quick and easy Kiwi Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Recipe is a healthy start to any day.
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 kiwi, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
Place all the ingredients into the pitcher of a high powered blender.
Blend the ingredients together until smooth, approximately 1-2 minutes.
Divide the smoothie between 2 8-ounce glasses or 4 4-ounce glasses and serve immediately.
Smoothie is best served immediately after making it.