Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken features tender chicken breasts that are cooked to perfection with ranch seasoning and cream cheese. Serve your chicken breasts shredded with cheddar cheese and crispy bacon for a seriously addictive entree!
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
‘Tis the season of comfort food! These crack chicken sandwiches are sure to hit the spot every single time and they couldn’t be easier to make. Cream cheese gives the chicken the best creamy consistency while dry ranch seasoning creates the best flavor! While this dish may be incredibly simple, it’s loaded with flavor that will have you going back for more after each bite.
Once it’s cooked (a true set it an forget it recipe), you’ve gotta top off your chicken with some cheddar cheese and bacon to really complete the trifecta. Ranch, bacon, and cheese – is there a better combo? I don’t think so! And while my favorite way to enjoy this shredded chicken is on a sandwich bun, you can also toss it onto a baked potato, serve it as a dip with some crackers, or just eat it all by itself.
There’s not a bad way to enjoy a crack chicken recipe this good. It’s ideal for both crazy weeknights at home and potlucks alike! So far, I’ve yet to meet a person who doesn’t love this ridiculously easy Crockpot chicken recipe. Be ready to share this recipe, because I’m sure you’ll be asked for it! The best part is your super short shopping list. All you need is chicken, ranch seasoning, cream cheese, cheddar, and of course bacon!
How to Make Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
Making Crockpot crack chicken has never been so easy! This is a real set it and forget it recipe.
- Cook it. Add the chicken breasts to the Crockpot and sprinkle the dry ranch seasoning all over them. Top with cream cheese. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Shred it. Use two forks to remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and place them in a separate bowl. Shred the chicken breasts, then return the shredded meat back into the Crockpot.
- Make it cheesy. Sprinkle cheddar cheese all over the top of the chicken, then put the lid back on the Crockpot. Note that you can make the chicken cheesy either before or after the chicken is shredded! With the lid on, the cheese will only need a few minutes to melt.
- Add bacon. Sprinkle the cooked bacon all over the chicken.
- Enjoy! Serve the crack chicken on a bun as a sandwich, as a dip, on a baked potato, or however else you desire. Be sure to comment below and let me know how you served your chicken!
Tips for the Best Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
Get the very best Crockpot crack chicken every time with these quick tips and tricks.
- No peeking! Once you put the lid on your Crockpot and start cooking the chicken, don’t open it until enough time has passed that the chicken is fully cooked. If you open the lid, you release the necessary steam/heat that’s cooking the meat. Every time you peek, you’re adding a few more minutes to the cook time.
- Cook the bacon however you’d like. I have the best tips for both baking bacon and microwaving bacon. Use whichever method is easier for you.
- Homemade ranch seasoning. Yes! My easy recipe for homemade ranch seasoning is always a lot better than what you’ll find in a packet. Plus, it’s so easy to whip up in just a minute!
How to Store Leftovers
Once cooled to room temperature, you can store your shredded crack chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave, stirring each time it stops, until warmed through.
I don’t recommend freezing crack chicken. It’s super creamy, which won’t hold up well once frozen.
Keep that Crockpot turned on for more of the best chicken recipes!
- Crockpot Butter Chicken
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Get the Recipe: Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Recipe
- 3 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup dry Ranch Seasoning
- 2 8 ounce blocks cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- chopped green onions for garnish
- slow cooker
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with the ranch seasoning mix to coat.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and arrange on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with the bacon and green onions. Serve.