Smoked Salmon Dip
Smoked Salmon Dip is the best summery dip that features savory, smokey salmon flavors blended to creamy perfection! Other key ingredients that make this dip absolutely mouthwatering include capers, fresh dill, lemon juice and more. Serve it with crackers as an easy party appetizer or smeared on a bagel for a delicious breakfast option!
Smoked Salmon Dip
Is it summer yet? The weather may say otherwise… But I’m ready for sunny soirees with friends that include cold drinks, crab legs, backyard barbecues and of course my favorite Smoked Salmon Dip!
Truly, you can serve this quick and easy dip at any time of the year and it’ll disappear from the bowl without complaint. I just prefer it during the summertime because of all the bright flavors.
Those flavors include fresh dill and both lemon zest and juice. They perfectly balance out the smoked salmon and briny capers with their brighter, sunnier notes.
All of those ingredients are blended to smooth perfection in the food processor with mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream and more to create that signature smooth consistency that makes this dip perfect for smearing on a bagel or cracker.
What I really love about this dish is how deceptively elegant it is. It’s ideal for serving at brunch parties and cocktail parties alike because it’s pretty impressive and always a crowd pleaser.
With that being said, it’s also incredibly easy to make with simple and inexpensive ingredients! Another big plus here is that you can prep it days in advance and it still tastes oh so fresh.
How to Make Smoked Salmon Dip
Here’s how to make the best Smoked Salmon Dip in the food processor! For more detailed instructions, scroll to the very bottom of this post.
- Blend it. Add all of the measured ingredients to your food processor and pulse until smooth. Stop and scrape if needed.
- Serve or store. You can enjoy your Smoked Salmon Dip right away with some crackers or Crostini or store it in the fridge for later. Enjoy!
Variations to Try
Here’s how you can make this dip slightly more your own:
- Add more freshness. If you want to enhance the bright flavor of this dip a little more, consider sprinkling in some chopped chives to the food processor with the other ingredients.
- Turn up the heat. Craving just a little spice? Splash in a few shakes of Tobasco sauce! It adds just a light touch of heat while also enhancing that salty flavor a little more. Horseradish is another great ingredient to add for the very same reasons!
- Make it low-fat. I like to use full-fat sour cream, mayonnaise, and cream cheese for the creamiest consistency. However, you can easily use all low-fat items instead for lower fat content in your dip.
How to Make Smoked Salmon Dip Ahead of Time
You can easily make Smoked Salmon Dip ahead of time! Simply prepare it just as instructed and transfer it to an airtight storage container. Keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve it cold right out of the fridge.
Is smoked salmon just raw salmon?
Smoked salmon is cured using smoke, so it requires no further cooking. Just be sure that your smoked salmon is purchased in airtight vaccum-sealed packaging so it’s nice and fresh. With that being said, smoked salmon is still technically considered “raw” as it’s not cooked using traditional heating methods. Be sure to check with your doctor if you’re pregnant or have any other health concerns prior to consuming smoked salmon.
Entertain your guests with the BEST homemade dips!
Get the Recipe: Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lemon, Juice and zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 food processor
- Add the salmon, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, dill, garlic, capers, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with pita chips.