Watermelon Gazpacho with Whipped Feta
Refreshing and light, Watermelon Gazpacho with Whipped Feta is a great way to beat the summer heat. Simple to make, this chilled soup recipe is ready in just a few minutes. No cooking required.
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with KitchenAid®. All opinions and statements are my own, as always.
Happy Friday! This week just flew by…unlike last week and I’m so glad, too! It’s Father’s Day weekend so we have a few fun things planned to celebrate. Now, it’s my husbands choice so I may not LOVE everything we’re doing but it’s his day so I’ll just go with the flow. We’re going to a car and motorcycle show early on Sunday, then we’ll head to brunch to stuff ourselves like nobody’s business. I plan to sink into the sofa when we return and not move a muscle until Monday when I’ll reset my body with a ton of healthy stuff. Like this Chilled Avocado Soup or my new favorite, Watermelon Gazpacho.
If you’ve never heard of gazpacho it’s a chilled soup made with raw vegetables and, usually, a tomato base. I am seriously in love with gazpacho, it usually has a bit of a kick and it’s amazingly refreshing when the weather is scorching hot. It’s really easy to make but sometimes it’s a bit too acidic for my liking and that’s when I like to put my own twist on the classic recipe. I decided to give my new KitchenAid® Juicer and Sauce Attachment a try to create the “broth” for my soup. The Juicer and Sauce Attachment is my new favorite gadget in the kitchen, I’ll be using this all summer long for all my favorite recipes. It attaches directly to your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. This juicer attachment is a slow (masticating) juicer which first slices then processes soft, hard or leafy fruits and vegetables for nutrient-rich extraction. With 3 pulp screens the options are endless for low pulp or high pulp juices, sauces and jams. It’s super easy to clean and is pretty compact so it’s easy to store.
The Juicer and Sauce Attachment made short work of my watermelon “broth” for the Watermelon Gazpacho. I had over 4 cups of juice in less than 2 minutes! I, then, chopped up my veggies and tossed everything together in a big bowl. It was fantastic immediately but after an hour in the fridge it was completely mind blowing. Healthy, fresh and light….you could eat it just as it is or top it with the ridiculously amazing whipped feta. It just adds a bit of salty, creamy flavor that’s perfect with the watermelon. Watermelon and feta do go together like PB&J. So, why not add a dollop.
Watermelon Gazpacho with Whipped Feta would be a great addition to any summer dinner party. A light and refreshing start to a barbecue, it’d be fantastic served in shot glasses before a heavy barbecue dinner of ribs and chicken. Or serve alongside a fresh salad for a quick and healthy dinner.
Either way you serve it, you’re family and friends are going to love it. I can’t wait to get back in the kitchen to fire up my KitchenAid® Juicer and Sauce Attachment again! Tomorrow…I think I’ll start the day with a green juice!
Get the Recipe: Watermelon Gazpacho with Whipped Feta
- 6 cups roughly chopped watermelon, divided (peeled and seeded)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces feta
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Using your KitchenAid® Juicer and Sauce Attachment fitted with the sauce screen and juice pitcher placed below the spout , feed 5 cups of watermelon through the feed tube. Set aside.
- Toss the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and zest in a large bowl until combined. Stir in the watermelon juice, vinegar and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- While the soup is chilling, beat the feta and heavy cream with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Serve the soup topped with the whipped feta and chopped cilantro, if desired.