Grilled Watermelon Pizza with Blueberries Parmesan and Arugula
Refreshing and sweet, Grilled Watermelon Pizza with Blueberries, Parmesan and Arugula is a fun twist on the traditional pizza pie. Simple to make, this is a summertime must have for every party this season.
Grilled Watermelon Pizza
Summer just wouldn’t be summer without all the watermelon recipes. Refreshing and sweet, watermelon is ubiquitous with lazy summer days and this Watermelon Pizza is as easy as it gets.
Grilled Watermelon is one of our favorite ways to enjoy it….the heat from the grill makes it taste even sweeter. Topped with fresh ingredients, you can now enjoy a pizza that’s actually really good for you.
Before we start splitting hairs here on what pizza really is, this Watermelon Pizza will definitely steal your heart and your tastebuds with just one bite.
How To Make It
You wouldn’t really think you’d need to fire up the grill for a watermelon recipe but I urge you to give this Watermelon Pizza recipe a try. It’s light, refreshing and filling. Plus, you don’t have to feel guilty if you eat the whole thing yourself.
Fire up the grill.
Brush the surface of the watermelon with olive oil on both sides.
Season with salt and pepper.
Grill the watermelon slice over high heat for 2 minutes. Flip and grill on the opposite side for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Transfer to a platter and top with the remaining ingredients.
Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
How simple was that?
You can mix up the toppings by adding your own favorites but we switch things up with these mouthwatering additions.
- Raspberries or Blackberries
- Asiago Cheese or Shaved Manchego
- Chopped Figs
- Walnuts or Pecans
- Sunflower Seeds
- Baby Spinach
What To Serve It With
We love this Grilled Watermelon Pizza just as it is but if you’re serving it as an appetizer or light lunch, here are some of our favorite pairings.
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Romesco Sauce
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
More Easy Watermelon Recipes
- Watermelon Feta Salad with Blueberries and Cucumber // Video
- Watermelon Gazpacho with Whipped Feta
- Watermelon Agua Fresca
Get the Recipe: Grilled Watermelon Pizza with Blueberries, Parmesan and Arugula
- 1 thick slice watermelon, approximately 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- Preheat the grill.
- Brush both sides of the watermelon slice with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the watermelon slice, cut side down on the grill grates and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the watermelon over and grill for an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer the watermelon to a platter and cut into 6 wedges.
- Top with the arugula, blueberries, tomatoes and parmesan.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Serve immediately.