Super easy to make Brioche French Toast Casserole with Fruit and Nuts is the holiday breakfast your friends and family will love. So simple to make (literally just a couple minutes of prep!), this recipe will be a holiday staple year after year.
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with ALDI. All opinions and statements are my own, as always.
It’s almost here, Christmas is lurking around the corner and my little guy is going absolutely nuts with joy….or sugar. It’s hard to determine the source of the energy but it’s so much fun getting to plan the day with him. We host a holiday brunch every year for my family on Christmas morning and a breakfast casserole is always on the menu. Each year I try to come up with something new like last year’s Monte Cristo Casserole which is, still, a huge hit! So, for this year…I wanted to come up with something equally amazing with tons of flavor but a little less work.
And ALDI was the place to go for my holiday inspiration….their seasonal products are simply amazing this time of year (not to mention their year-round low prices are unbeatable) and I knew they’d have everything I needed to make the Ultimate Brioche French Toast Casserole with Fruit and Nuts.
This easy recipe has every flavor you dream of when you think of the holidays. Crunchy, buttery nuts, rich cream, bursts of orange, cinnamon, cloves….it’s like the most amazing version of French toast you could ever imagine.
AND this Brioche French Toast Casserole with Fruit and Nuts is super easy to make. You don’t even have to make it the night before. It takes minutes to prepare so you won’t be spending tons of time in the kitchen….and you’ll even save more time by picking up a loaf of Specially Selected Sliced Brioche at your local ALDI. It’s just as amazing as my homemade version but you won’t be spending 24 hours making a loaf of bread that’s going to be thrown into a casserole.
And if you’re getting ready to head out the door right now to speed to your local ALDI, remember they now have stores in Delaware, too! Two new stores opened their doors on Thursday, Nov. 17, in Middletown and Camden! How amazing is that???
Visit the new stores here:
1002 Bunker Hill Road, Middletown, DE 19709
390 Walmart Drive, Camden, DE 19934
ALDI carries a wide range of premium groceries such as organic produce, USDA Choice meat, gluten-free products under their liveGfree brand and their SimplyNature line of products that are free from over 125 artificial ingredients and preservatives, all at prices up to 50 percent* less than traditional grocery stores. All ALDI brand food products are free of added MSG, certified synthetic colors and partially hydrogenated oils, so you can feel good about the food you’re feeding your friends and family. And if you don’t live in the Delaware area, be sure to visit your local neighborhood ALDI because they have some pretty amazing seasonal items flowing in right now!
Also, I have one $25 ALDI gift card to give away to one random winner. Enter to win by commenting below sharing the best thing about the new ALDI stores in Delaware, or if you’re not in Delaware, comment below sharing your favorite ALDI product and/or the best thing about shopping at ALDI!
Brioche French Toast Casserole with Fruit and Nuts and an ALDI Giveaway
- 1 loaf Specially Selected Sliced Brioche Loaf
- 2 cups Countryside Creamery Half and Half
- 5 Goldhen Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Ground Cloves
- 1 cup Southern Grove Golden Raisins
- 1 cup Southern Grove Chopped Dates
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
- Baker's Corner Confectioners' Sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the brioche into 1 inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the half and half, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Pour the raisins, dates, walnuts and pecans in the bowl with the brioche. Toss to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and carefully toss the mixture to coat being careful not to break up the bread.
- Transfer the mixture to a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
- Serve the casserole dusted with powdered sugar, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 536kcal Calories from fat 211|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
*Based upon a price comparison of comparable products sold at leading national retail grocery stores.
**This post was sponsored by ALDI.