Stuffed Panettone French Toast Casserole Recipe
The most epic breakfast and brunch recipe ever, Stuffed Panettone French Toast Casserole is the recipe that will make jaws drop. Easy to make, this over the top French Toast Casserole is made with Panettone Bread and stuffed with a light, airy cream cheese filling.
Christmas morning brunch has become a tradition in our house and, following in my mom’s footsteps, I’m always sure to have some type of overnight French toast casserole. BUT I like the option to skip the overnight part and just bake it right away so I’ve tested TONS of French Toast Casseroles both with an overnight soak and an immediate bake to come up with the best……this Stuffed Panettone French Toast Casserole is our absolute favorite.
Little did my family know…..last year they were the guinea pigs for this Panettone French Toast Casserole. I, actually, made it without the cheesecake filling and baked it immediately after it was assembled. It was good but it wasn’t epic Christmas morning casserole good, if you know what I mean. So, I had to make it totally extra and added the filling. It is now….seriously epic French Toast Casserole. And it’s ready for you to bake up on Christmas morning.
I love to make this Panettone bread recipe every year just to have on hand for quick Panettone Bread Pudding or just to toast up with my morning coffee. It’s absolutely fantastic in this French Toast Casserole because it already has tons of flavors to help amp things up.
If you don’t have time, or just don’t want to put in the effort (I totally get it this time of year), a store bought Panettone is perfectly acceptable. I won’t judge….in fact, I will probably do the same this year because it has just been absolutely CRAZY! So, save time….buy your bread if you must, also, save your sanity.
How do you make easy French Toast Casserole?
French Toast Casserole is so simple to make and you can really use just about any bread you want. This recipe is extra special because this Panettone French Toast Casserole is especially festive for the holiday season.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange half the Panettone bread in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the milk, egg nog and 5 eggs until well blended. Pour half the egg mixture over the bread. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the remaining eggs, sugar, vanilla and cream cheese until smooth.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the bread in the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining bread and pour the egg mixture over the entire casserole. Sprinkle the top with the turbinado sugar and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
If you want to make this a Panettone Overnight French Toast Casserole, simply assemble the entire casserole the night before and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the plastic wrap before baking and bake as directed.
What ingredients are in Stuffed Panettone French Toast Casserole?
I used easy to find ingredients for this easy breakfast casserole. To make it, you will need:
- Panettone Bread
- Half and half or heavy cream
- cream cheese
Be sure that your cream cheese is room temperature before blending together with the eggs, sugar and vanilla or it will become lumpy and not spread easily over the bottom layer of your breakfast casserole.
To serve your Panettone French Toast Casserole, I like to dust with a bit of powdered sugar. Since the breakfast casserole is already loaded with flavor and is somewhat indulgent, it’s best to keep it simple. You can also use maple syrup but I feel that it’s totally not necessary.
What can you serve with your easy French Toast Casserole?
There are so many things you can serve with this French Toast Casserole, here are a few of our family’s favorites:
- Sparkling Fruit Salad with Mimosa Dressing is always a refreshing and easy side for brunch.
- How about a little bacon….the best way to make your bacon is right here!
- OR go a little extra with that bacon and make the BEST EVER BACON.
- How about a little bubbly in the form of a Mimosa Float?
If you’re looking for a few more easy breakfast ideas for the holidays, be sure to try some of these favorites!
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole…..so insanely easy.
- Chocolate Stuffed Croissant French Toast Casserole is just amazing. Like dessert for breakfast.
- This easy Brioche French Toast Casserole is loaded with fruit and nuts.
- Triple Berry Stuffed French Toast Casserole….best casserole for any occasion.
- Monte Cristo Breakfast Casserole…..on repeat most of the year.
And to think I used to be afraid of those towering piles of boxed Panettone at the store….who knew they could be turned into the BEST French Toast Casserole ever. Now, I’m always a little sad when they start to dwindle away after the holidays are over.
So, if you try one thing this year make it the best breakfast casserole ever with this Stuffed Panettone French Toast Casserole recipe. Your family, friends, overnight guest, neighbors…..they’ll never want to leave.
Looking for even MORE easy recipe ideas? Be sure to follow us on Instagram for all the tasty food and behind the scenes craziness!
Stuffed Panettone FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
- 1 1- pound loaf Panettone bread sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups Eggnog
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange half the bread in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Whisk together the milk, eggnog, salt and 5 eggs until well blended. Pour half the egg mixture over the bread. Set aside.
In a blender, combine the remaining eggs, sugar, vanilla and cream cheese until smooth.
Spread the mixture evenly over the bread in the baking dish.
Top with the remaining bread and pour the egg mixture over the entire casserole.
Sprinkle the top with the turbinado sugar and bake for 50-55 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Casserole can be assembled the night before and stored in the refrigerator wrapped tightly with plastic wrap.
Remove the plastic wrap before baking.