Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
The easiest make ahead breakfast you’ll ever sink your teeth into….this Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole is a mouthful in more ways than one. So simple to make with refrigerated cinnamon rolls, a bit of cream, a few eggs and aromatics tossed into your slow cooker to bake while you sleep. It doesn’t get easier than that.
It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!
I’m always so excited for Christmas morning because it’s one of those days when I don’t mind getting up before the sun to sit and sip a mug of Eggnog, while the family tears through the pile of gifts that miraculously appeared under the tree overnight. It’s like Santa Clause came to visit or something. There’s not usually a ton for me on Christmas morning because I tend to get my gifts throughout the year on an as needed basis…which is totally cool by me. Plus, I get to take tons of pictures to clog up the memory in my phone.
Cinnamon Roll French Toast For Brunch
But the one thing I love MOST about Christmas morning is brunch….another reason to eat a meal with an “anything goes” mentality.
And some cinnamon-y, cake like breakfast casserole that could pass as dessert but isn’t because we’re calling it Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole, which is technically three breakfast dishes wrapped into one. Definitely not cake. And it’s totally easy to make….almost magical….like Santa Clause.
Challenge Accepted: Presenting My Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
My friends at Fox 29 put me up to the challenge to find – and recreate – a recipe they found on Facebook. They said it was made with refrigerated cinnamon rolls, and baked in a casserole dish like French toast style. So, I tracked down a video on Facebook that had exactly what they were describing and after more digging, I found THIS recipe on the Pillsbury website. So, I used that one as inspiration and tested the whole thing out in the slow cooker. It was a tremendous success EXCEPT REALLY super sweet. So, the second test recipe I made I ditched the maple syrup called for in the original and just went straight French toast style. It turned out perfectly. Very much like this Brioche French Toast Casserole but so much easier.
This incredibly decadent, gooey, delicious breakfast treat is made even better by the fact that you can throw everything into the slow cooker the night before!
It’s so easy and perfect for Sunday breakfast every week. You can even reheat leftovers later in the day for a quick snack, or serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a sweet dessert. It’s very much like this Slow Cooker Apple Upside Down Cake I made at Thanksgiving!
I think I’m totally digging the “baking things in the slow cooker” trend…..you’re about to see an influx of slow cooker desserts coming soon.
How To Make Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
This recipe is super easy because a) it uses pre-made refrigerated cinnamon rolls and b) you can assemble the entire Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole in your slow cooker the night before.
What You’ll Need
- 2 cans of refrigerated cinnamon rolls – regular ones, NOT extra large like Grands
- butter – melted
- heavy cream
Steps For Making Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Keep the icing packages that come with the cinnamon rolls in the fridge until you’re ready to serve the casserole.
- Cut up the cinnamon rolls into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare the slow cooker by pouring melted butter into bottom of the dish.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small dish.
- Place the cinnamon roll pieces on top of the butter, and pour egg mixture evenly across the rolls.
- Cover and cook!
Put everything together before you go to bed, set to “Low,” and when you wake up your entire house will smell like heavenly sweet, sticky, craveable cinnamon rolls AND French toast!
Get the Recipe: Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls, regular size, not the Grands
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Refrigerate the icing packets included with your cinnamon rolls to use later.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls into bite sized pieces...I usually cut one roll into 8 pieces.
- Pour 4 tablespoons melted butter into the crock pot and top with the cut up cinnamon roll pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture over the rolls and cover the slow cooker. Cook on High for 2 hours or Low for 4-6 hours.
- Top with the icing before serving.
Looking For More Sweet Breakfast Ideas?
- Lemon Marscapone Crepe Cake
- Bananas Foster Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Stuffed Croissant French Toast Casserole
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Easy Apple Fritters Recipe
- The Very Best Brioche Bread