Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
The easiest make ahead breakfast you’ll ever sink your teeth into….this Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole is a mouthful in more ways than one. So simple to make with refrigerated cinnamon rolls, a bit of cream, a few eggs and aromatics tossed into your slow cooker to bake while you sleep. It doesn’t get easier than that.
Cinnamon Roll Casserole
I’m always so excited for Christmas morning because it’s one of those days when I don’t mind getting up before the sun to sit and sip a mug of Eggnog, while the family tears through the pile of gifts that miraculously appeared under the tree overnight.
It’s like Santa Clause came to visit or something. There’s not usually a ton for me on Christmas morning because I tend to get my gifts throughout the year on an as needed basis…which is totally cool by me. Plus, I get to take tons of pictures to clog up the memory in my phone.
But the one thing I love MOST about Christmas morning is brunch….another reason to eat a meal with an “anything goes” mentality.
Mimosas. Check. Egg Casserole. Check. Candied Bacon. Check. Bloody Mary. Check.
And some cinnamon-y, cake like breakfast casserole that could pass as dessert but isn’t because we’re calling it Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole, which is technically three breakfast dishes wrapped into one. Definitely not cake. And it’s totally easy to make….almost magical….like Santa Clause.
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Casserole
This is, by far, the easiest breakfast you can make and it’s great for overnight guests or a hearty brunch addition. It’s made with refrigerated cinnamon roll dough and you can make it in the slow cooker or Crock Pot.
If you don’t have a slow cooker, it may be time to get one now because they are the most versatile kitchen appliances I own. But, if you don’t want to purchase one, you can easily make this French toast casserole in a baking dish in the oven.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls into bite sized pieces.
- Pour the melted butter into the bottom of the slow cooker or the baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, cinnamon and vanilla together.
- Arrange the cinnamon roll pieces on top of the butter and pour the egg mixture evenly across the rolls.
- Cover and cook!
Ingredients You will Need
- 2 cans of refrigerated cinnamon rolls – regular ones, NOT extra large like Grands
- butter – melted
- heavy cream
What To Serve with Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Sparkling Fruit Salad with Champagne Mimosa Dressing
- Vegetable Frittata
- Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon (Millionaire’s Bacon) // Video
- Sherbet Mimosa Float Recipe
More Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- The Best French Toast Recipe
- Brioche French Toast Casserole
- Bananas Foster Cinnamon Rolls
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for more festive holiday recipes!
Get the Recipe: Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls, regular size, not the Grands
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 crockpot
- Refrigerate the icing packets included with your cinnamon rolls to use later.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls into bite sized pieces…I usually cut one roll into 8 pieces.
- Pour 4 tablespoons melted butter into the crock pot and top with the cut up cinnamon roll pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture over the rolls and cover the slow cooker. Cook on High for 2 hours or Low for 4-6 hours.
- Top with the icing before serving.