Berry Yogurt Parfait
Treat yourself to a flavor-filled Berry Yogurt Parfait this morning! It’s loaded with all of your favorite berries, yogurt, granola and sweet honey. The best part is that it’s totally customizable, so you can add and take out ingredients as you see fit. It’s a deliciously fresh and fun way to start the day!
Berry Yogurt Parfait
Is there a more deliciously juicy and easy way to start the day than with a berry yogurt parfait, because I really don’t think there is! Silky yogurt, crunchy granola, sweet juicy berries and naturally sweet honey all come together to create a medley so good, you’ll be thinking about it all day long. Plus, you can customize it however you’d like!
For example, I like to use plain low-fat yogurt in my parfaits. However, you could switch that to greek yogurt, flavored yogurt, or one made with almond milk if you’d like!
The berries can also be those of your choice – you don’t have to use all of them like I did if you have allergies or don’t like certain berries. Oh, and be sure to keep things a little sweeter with a bit of added sugar, too!
If you don’t like the added sugar and want to just keep things naturally sweet with the berries and honey, that’s also perfectly fine! Like I said, this recipe is wonderfully customizable to your tastes and dietary needs.
Plus – you don’t even need to eat it for breakfast! If you’re craving a sweet late night snack that’s a little more forgiving than ice cream, this berry yogurt parfait may just be the thing you’re looking for.
How to Make a Yogurt Parfait
Assembling these parfaits is so easy to do first thing in the morning – even before you’ve had your coffee to wake you up!
- Spoon the yogurt. Spoon 1/3 cup of yogurt into the bottom of a tall jar or glass.
- Add the berries. Add the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries to a bowl and sprinkle with sure.
- Mash the berries. Mash the berries with a fork and stir to release some of their juices.
- Add granola. Top the yogurt with a layer of fruit and sprinkle with a layer of granola.
- Repeat the process. Repeat the layers of yogurt, fruit and granola until the jars are filled.
- Garnish. Garnish with fresh berries, granola and drizzle with honey.
- Enjoy! Serve immediately, and enjoy your sweet morning treat!
More Yogurt Parfait Topping Ideas
There are SO many additions you can come up with! Here are a few of my personal favorites to add –
- Coconut flakes
- Maple syrup
- Easy Caramel Sauce
- Stabilized Whipped Cream
- Nuts (almonds, pecans, etc.)
- Chocolate chips
- Lemon juice
How Long Do Yogurt Parfaits Last
These parfaits are best to be enjoyed within the first 24 hours of assembling them. If they sit for too long without being eaten, the yogurt and berry juices will soften the granola and make it far less crunchy than desired. If you plan on making these for a busy morning, you should make them the night before and store them in airtight containers.
Can berry yogurt parfaits be frozen?
Sadly, these parfaits do NOT hold up well in the freezer. However, they can be made with frozen instead of fresh berries if you need to use those instead! I get it – it can be hard to find good fresh berries sometimes. If you opt to use frozen berries, just make sure to give the parfait about 10 minutes to rest before eating, as the berries need time to adjust to a more enjoyable temperature. You could also let them thaw before tossing them into the parfaits.
Start your morning with more deliciously berry-filled treats!
- Berry Vanilla Bean Balgian Waffle Cake
- Triple Berry Smoothie Snack Jar
- The Very Best Blueberry Muffins
- No Bake Cheesecake Breakfast Parfaits
Get the Recipe: Berry Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- 3 cups lowfat yogurt, You can use flavored, plain or greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen/thawed strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries or raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup granola
- 1 tablespoon honey
- serving dish
- Spoon 1/3 cup of yogurt into the bottom of a tall jar or glass.
- Add the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries to a bowl and sprinkle with sure.
- Mash the berries with a fork and stir to release some of their juices.
- Top the yogurt with a layer of fruit and sprinkle with a layer of granola.
- Repeat the layers of yogurt, fruit and granola until the jars are filled.
- Garnish with fresh berries, granola and drizzle with honey.
- Serve immediately.