Chai Spice Pumpkin Butter
Enjoy all the best flavors of fall with this Chai Spice Pumpkin Butter! This smooth and delicious butter is rich with equal parts of chai spice and pumpkin flavors, and is sure to enhance whatever you choose to spread it on. Make a jar of this autumnal treat today!
Chai Spice Pumpkin Butter
Say goodbye to summer, and hello to fall with this easy to make chai spice pumpkin butter! I truly can’t start the season without a jar of this stuff in my fridge, ready to be spread on crackers, toast, and everything in between. I even like to use it on my pancakes in the morning with my Dirty Chai Latte!
I’m telling you, a cozy warm drink and this chai spice pumpkin butter will make anyone ready for colder weather and warm sweaters. Just thinking about it now is making me go fall crazy!
Let’s talk about the flavors here. I love this butter so much because it’s just as chai spice flavored as it is pumpkin, which is so tasty! The balance of fall flavors ensures that every bite is sure to warm your soul with all those fall vibes we know and love.
Chai spice mix is what gives the butter that warm, spicy flavor, while the pumpkin puree is what makes it almost reminiscent of pumpkin pie. The other two ingredients also play big parts, too! A splash of apple cider enhances the fall flavors even more, while the brown sugar adds both sweetness and depth.
I usually find myself making this butter at the beginning of August, then throughout the rest of the season. I won’t lie when I say that I’ve made a jar of this butter towards the end of November, too!
Even when the world starts shifting towards peppermint and gingerbread, I can’t quite let go of my fall flavors, and this butter helps me hold on without having to make a big pie or batch of cookies. It’s really about the simple pleasures in life, right? And I simply love spreading this easy to make fall-inspired butter on just about everything!
How to Make Pumpkin Butter
- Stir. In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together the pumpkin, apple cider, sugar and spice mix.
- Boil. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Cool. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Store. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How Long Does Pumpkin Butter Last
This delicious homemade pumpkin butter will stay fresh for up to 14 days. That’s 2 whole weeks to find new and creative ways to enjoy this little jar of fall joy! Just be sure to make sure that lid is nice and tight, and keep it in the refrigerator so it stays nice and fresh.
Can I make this without the chai spice flavor?
Yes, but also, how dare you! Just kidding, I know that as much as I love chai, it might not be for everyone. To keep this butter strictly pumpkin, omit the chai spice and replace it with Pumpkin Pie Spice. Either way you stir it up, this jar is sure to satisfy that craving you have for all things pumpkin!
Can I freeze it?
I advise against freezing this chai spice pumpkin butter. When frozen and thawed, the butter becomes watery and loses both flavor and it’s smooth texture. No one likes a watery pumpkin butter, right? Keep it perfect in the fridge for about 2 weeks, then just make another easy batch when you run out of that jar. No need to freeze when a recipe is this quick and simple!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Creme Brûlée
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Praline Topping
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple Mascarpone Filling
Get the Recipe: Chai Spice Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- 1 29 ounce can pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons chai spice mix
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together the pumpkin apple cider, sugar and spice mix.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.