The Very Best Loaded Beef Nachos
Layers of chips, beef and cheese are baked into melty bliss then topped with pico de Gallo, avocado and, basically, anything your heart desires. Your search is over for the very BEST Loaded Beef Nachos on the planet. Hearty enough to be a meal all by itself.
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with Le Creuset. All opinions and statements are my own, as always.
I’m a picky nacho eater. And it doesn’t really bode well for my marriage. 🙂 My husband likes his piled into a sloppy mass with everything under the sun thrown into the mix including melty cheese sauce….like queso but usually not. The problem with his version is that you always end up with a big pile of chips under the heaping mess that don’t have any of the toppings on them. Dry chips….dry chips to me do not = Nachos. I prefer my nachos built more strategically so that no chip is left behind. Each chip is balanced perfectly with flavorful beef and cheese so that when I dig down really deep….I’m still getting a chip that’s loaded. Not naked.
Also, when I get to the bottom I want that cheese to still be warm, stretchy and melty….not cold, hard and unpleasant. So, it took a bit of tweaking to work my magic in the kitchen and create the perfect recipe for the Very Best Loaded Beef Nachos ever.
To start, you’ll need a platter that retains heat well like Le Creuset’s Sizzle Platter. It’s flat surface is perfect for layering your chips, meat and cheese…similar to a Mexican lasagna. (Now, THERE’s a recipe idea!) And it retains heat long enough to keep your cheese melty until the very last chip is devoured. It’s easy to clean and doesn’t require any seasoning….and the enamel finish resists chipping and cracking making this a staple in your kitchen for years to come. It’s perfect for searing meats and vegetables making it the perfect pan for my favorite fajita recipe!
And you can win one of your own by commenting below with your favorite way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! And my favorite bowl, too! I used my Le Creuset Multi Bowl to mix up this flavorful and spicy Fresh Tomato Salsa (aka Pico de Gallo). The Multi Bowl is a kitchen work horse….you’ll reach for it every day to mix up pancake batter, whip up some muffins, throw together an easy salad or proof your favorite loaf of bread. It’s stunning enough to use as a serving bowl or keep it filled with fresh fruit as the centerpiece of your kitchen table. You’re going to fall in love with this amazing duo.
I like to use my homemade tortilla chips for the base of this recipe and build from there using my favorite Taco Beef Recipe for the “beefy” layer. Then, I just layer and layer and layer until there’s nothing left to layer. Bake it all off to a bubbly, melty perfection then load up with your favorite nacho toppings like guacamole, salsa, jalapeños, sour cream….you name it. These are now YOUR very BEST Loaded Beef Nachos. You do you!
Get the Recipe: The Very Best Beef Nachos
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup grated Oaxaca cheese, or mozzarella
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded queso blanco
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain off the fat and return to the heat.
- Stir in the taco seasoning mix and 2/3 cup water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Arrange 1 1/2 cups chips in a single layer on an oven proof platter. Top with 1/2 the ground beef mixture, 1/3 cup Oaxaca cheese, 1/3 cup cheddar and 1/3 cup queso blanco. Top the cheese layer with another 1 1/2 cups tortilla chips, the remaining ground beef, 1/3 cup Oaxaca cheese, 1/3 cup cheddar and 1/3 cup queso blanco. Top the second layer with the remaining chips and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Transfer the platter to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Place the platter on a trivet or other heatproof surface and garnish with the queso fresco, avocado, salsa, scallions and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.