Ricotta Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
This easy sweet treat is wonderful for breakfast, brunch or a mid-day snack….Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are more than a mouthful to say, they’re a mouthful of wonderfulness. Moist, tender, cake-y muffins studded with mini chocolate chips and topped with a cinnamon sugar streusel before being drizzled with a vanilla spiked glaze. Hungry yet?
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
Spring is just around the corner but that doesn’t mean baking season comes to a screeching halt. We’re still buying bananas to leaven on the counter to become overly ripe before we can snack on them. And for that reason, we need a lot of options to use them up in a tasty snack.
These easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are moist, tender and perfect because we add ricotta cheese to the mix. They bake up fluffy with melty chocolate throughout each bite.
Bake at batch at the beginning of the week for a quick grab and go breakfast option or a sweet afternoon snack.
How To Make Them
- Beat together the butter and sugar until fluff.
- Add the bananas, milk, ricotta and eggs mixing until combined.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating until blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Stir together the butter, flour and brown sugar to make the streusel.
- Whisk together the sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray and fill each well 2/3 of the way with batter.
- Sprinkle each muffin with streusel.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Drizzle with the glaze and serve.
How to Keep Banana Muffins Moist
These muffins are light and airy, tender and moist…with the perfect amount of sweetness from the mini chocolate chips. I adapted my Pina Colada banana bread recipe to create these muffins by subbing out the greek yogurt and adding ricotta which added a lightness I will crave for days.
The cinnamon streusel topping lends a bit of crunch while the glaze is a welcome treat with a hint of vanilla. They remind me of my Caramel Crunch Banana Muffins just a little less sweet.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are the perfect addiction to any brunch or breakfast spread. You can even make a big batch in advance to freeze for the upcoming holidays if you’re planning to have guests.
They’re also a great grab and go breakfast if you’re not into eating a Breakfast sandwich everyday. And if you’re not really feeling the muffin shape, you can even bake them in mini loaf pans…..just because…how cute are mini loaf pans!?!? Or just make a whole dang loaf of Chocolate Chip Ricotta Banana Bread.
Craving the chocolate but not the banana? Try these Double Chocolate Muffins!
More Banana Recipes
- Streusel Blueberry Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread with Streusel (I love my streusel!)
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
- Pina Colada Banana Bread with Coconut Glaze
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
- The Very BEST Banana Bread Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
For more easy muffin recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana, about 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For the streusel:
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar and butter beating at medium speed until fluffy. On low-speed, add the banana, milk, ricotta and eggs mixing until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Keeping the mixer on low-speed and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat just until blended. Add the chocolate chips and stir briefly.
- Using a fork, stir together the butter, flour and brown sugar in a small bowl until pea sized crumbs form. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray and fill each well 2/3 of the way with batter. Sprinkle each muffin with 1/2 teaspoon streusel mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan and cool completely to room temperature.
- Drizzle each muffin with 1 teaspoon glaze.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.
Thaw at room temperature and top with glaze before serving.
2 Comments on “Ricotta Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins”
Delicious! I followed the recipe exactly & my hubby was very happy with the result. I’ll make these again!
So glad you loved it!