California Style Tuna Eggs Benedict
This healthy breakfast will be a welcome addition to any breakfast or brunch menu! California Style Tuna Eggs Benedict are loaded with fresh ingredients. Low-carb and filling, you’ll never miss the muffin.
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with Chicken of the Sea. All opinions and statements are my own, as always.
Is there anyone else here who could eat breakfast all day long? It’s seriously my favorite meal of the day…and if I could, I’d eat eggs, pancakes and bacon from sun up to sundown. Sweet, savory and everything in between….I love it all. And this recipe is a real head turner in more ways than one. I’m a big fan of Eggs Benedict but it’s not something you can eat every day if you’re trying to get ready for summer so I lightened up my favorite recipe and “low-carbed” it with the help of Chicken of the Sea Solid White Albacore in EZ-Open Cans. I know it may sound a little strange…but trust me, this is one dish you’re going to flip over.
I always have tuna readily available in my pantry, it’s something my family loves and can make meals come together in a snap. When I worked outside the home, I used to keep cans of tuna in my desk for those days when I was too busy to run out and grab lunch. The problem there was, I also had to keep a can opener handy….which I didn’t always do. And have you ever tried to open a can of tuna WITHOUT a can opener? Well, I did and it’s never fun and you may even end up with tuna all over you for the rest of the day. Needless to say, my coworkers learned to keep a can opener handy, too. But NOW, Chicken of the Sea Solid White Albacore is available in EZ-Open Cans. No can opener needed! Just flip the tab and peel off the lid, it’s so easy and totally mess free.
Chicken of the Sea Solid White Albacore in EZ-Open Cans are now the new thing in our house and I love how easy they make this California Style Tuna Eggs Benedict to whip up.
I made tuna cakes out of a few simple ingredients and seasoned them a bit before browning them in a skillet. Then, I topped them with sliced tomato, avocado, sprouts, the standard poached egg and an easy Hollandaise sauce.
Simple, light and fresh. California Style Tuna Eggs Benedict is the perfect meal to get you ready for swimsuit season and….a trip to Fiji!!! That’s right, Chicken of the Sea is giving one lucky ready a trip to Fiji!!! I’m so jealous.
To enter, submit your favorite tuna recipe for a chance to be featured on the Official Mermaid’s World Tuna Day Menu before April 22. Entries can be submitted HERE From April 24-28, fans can vote for their favorite recipe. Then, on May 2…World Tuna Day…the Official Mermaid’s World Tuna Day Menu will be announced and a Facebook Live event on Chicken of the Sea’s page will announce the grand prize winner. In addition, 8 contest winners will receive VISA gift cards and be eligible for the final grand prize drawing. I mean, how AWESOME is that???
So, now….you have the perfect way to start your day with this easy California Style Tuna Eggs Benedict…that will also get you ready for summer and a chance to win a trip for two to Fiji. Could this day BE any better? I think not! 🙂
Get the Recipe: California Style Tuna Eggs Benedict
- 2 5 oz cans Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 large eggs.
- 1 cup hollandaise sauce
- In a medium bowl, stir together tuna, egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, salt and pepper until combined. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the patties over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bring about 2 inches of water to a simmer in a large pot. Add the vinegar to the water and stir. Crack each egg into a separate ramekin or coffee mug. When the water is still (do not boil), slowly tip the egg into the water. Allow the egg to sit in the water for a few seconds to allow the white to cook, then carefully fold over the egg white making sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Once the egg yolk is set, remove the egg to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Transfer the patties to two plates and top each with a slice of tomato, avocado slices, sprouts and an egg. Spoon 1/4 cup hollandaise sauce over each and serve immediately.