Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Caramel Apple Dump Cake is buttery, sweet, spiced, and perfect for all of your favorite fall festivities! With only five ingredients called for, this spiced apple cake is budget-friendly and couldn’t be any easier to make. Indulge in this warm, apple spiced cake today for a perfect autumnal treat.
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Aren’t dump cakes just the best? Dessert recipes really don’t get much easier than this. You quite literally just dump all of the ingredients into a baking dish, pop it into the oven, and voila! Without ever mixing a single thing, you end up with a buttery, sugary, apple spiced masterpiece.
Between the sweet caramel sauce and crunchy pecans, this easy apple cake couldn’t be more decadent or simple to make. If you’re looking for the best low-stress fall recipe, this one’s for you.
The ingredients for this decadent dessert include canned apple pie filling and spice cake mix, which means that yes… This cake isn’t technically made from scratch. But that’s okay!
As much as I love a completely homemade dessert recipe, sometimes dressing up store-bought ingredients is a lot of fun, too. Plus, no one will ever be able to tell that this budget-friendly, super simple cake is made with store-bought ingredients, either. It tastes as homemade as can be!
So whether you make this dump cake for your next potluck or serve it at the dessert on Thanksgiving day, you’re going to be so glad you saved yourself all the stress that comes with other cake recipes. Keep things hassle-free (and scrumptious) with this super simple caramel apple dump cake! After all, all you need is five ingredients and about an hour of your time to make this warm, indulgent dessert.
How to Make Apple Dump Cake
As previously mentioned, this simple dump cake couldn’t be easier to make. Just remember – do NOT mix any of the ingredients! The magic here is in the layering.
- Prep. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Start with the apples. Spread the apples in an even layer in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Then, add the cake mix and butter. Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the apples and top with the butter slices.
- Make it crunchy! Scatter the pecans on top and transfer to the oven.
- Bake. Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Cool. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Enjoy! Drizzle with caramel sauce and serve warm.
Tips for the Best Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- If the store’s all out of spice cake mix, just mix vanilla cake mix with 1 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice whisked into it.
- Store-bought caramel sauce works just fine, but I really love using my favorite Homemade Easy Caramel Sauce. For an even more fall-inspired flavor, you could always use Pumpkin Caramel Sauce!
- Store this cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. To enjoy your leftovers, I recommend popping a serving of this cake into the microwave for about 30 seconds and eating it warm!
- Do NOT stir! This is crucial. When you create the apple, cake mix, and butter layers, you cannot stir them together. Just trust the process – the cake will bake perfectly, strange as it may seem.
- One if my favorite ways to enjoy this cake is with Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. The way the cold sweetness of the ice cream combines with the warm apples of the cake is magical!
Enjoy more of my favorite apple recipes this fall!
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- Easy Caramel Apple Nachos
- Jewish Apple Cake French Toast
- The Very Best Apple Pie
Get the Recipe: Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- 3 21- ounce cans Apple Fruit Filling
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix, or vanilla cake mix with 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice whisked into it.
- 12 tablespoons butter cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Coat a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the apples in an even layer in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the apples and top with the butter slices.
- Scatter the pecans on top and transfer to the oven.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and serve.