Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh Salad
A low carb solution to your favorite summer side dishes, this Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh Salad recipe is light and fresh with bright, zesty flavor. Quick and easy to make, this no cook salad is a wonderful addition to any meal.
If you’re looking for light, easy and healthy…..look no further! This Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh Salad is so fresh and delicious….it’s like the perfect thing to shovel into your mouth when your body is craving something nutrient rich. It’s a lower carb version of my favorite recipe for Tabbouleh Salad except I swapped out the commonly used bulgar for cauliflower rice.
To be honest, I wasn’t sure how it was going to taste and I was worried the cauliflower would become mushy but it didn’t. The crispness of the cauliflower held up even after sitting for two days in the fridge. Happiness right here!
What is Tabbouleh Salad?
Tabbouleh salad, Tabouli Salad, is a Levantine dish made mostly of parsley tossed with tomatoes, onions, mint and bulgar. It’s dressed in a light vinaigrette made with lemon juice and olive oil…sometimes a few other herbs or garlic are added for flavor.
I’ve even seen it made with quinoa or couscous instead of the bulgar so it’s kind of a “have it your way” salad. I even threw in some diced cucumber for a little extra crunch so….you do you. And swapped the bulgar for cauliflower rice because I am trying to ditch the carbs…..but to be honest, I may have eaten a pint of coffee ice cream later that day. So….
How To Make Tabbouleh Salad
This Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh is insanely easy to make….especially if you already prepped ahead some cauliflower rice earlier in the week.
- Toss the cauliflower rice in a bowl with diced plum tomatoes, diced cucumber, finely chopped parsley…..a lot of parsley….and chopped scallion or green onion.
- Then I whisked up an easy dressing with olive oil, lemon, a little minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour that dressing all over the Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh salad and toss again.
Tabbouleh salad is a great addition to meal anytime of the year. We love it in the summer because you don’t have to cook a thing! You can even make this Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh salad in advance….in fact, it’s actually BETTER when you make it a day ahead so all the flavors can get to know each other, mingle a bit….it’s one of the freshest and most flavorful salads I’ve ever made.
- The Very Best Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- Cast Iron Skillet Steak
- Grilled Chicken Spiedini with Garlic Butter Sauce
More Easy Salad Recipes
And if you’re looking for other low carb salads to make for your upcoming summer festivities….you HAVE to try this Black Eyed Pea and Corn Salad OR….OMG….THIS Watermelon Blueberry and Feta Salad. It’s totally amazing and I have it on repeat from now until about October. Even when I have a Pumpkin Spice Latte in my hand. Now….who’s ready for summer?
Get the Recipe: Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- mixing bowl
- In a large bowl, stir together the cauliflower rice, parsley, tomatoes, scallions, cucumbers and mint.
- In a small bow, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the salad and toss to coat.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.