Easy Bearnaise Sauce Recipe
A classic butter sauce blended with herbs, this Easy Bearnaise Sauce comes together in just a few minutes and is the perfect accompaniment for your favorite steak recipe. Eggs, butter, herbs and lemon are blended together into a creamy, velvety sauce that’s rich and heavenly.
We are a steak loving family and quite frequently, whip up a big hunk of beef pretty regularly. It’s one of our favorite dinners and what makes it better is the sauces we serve alongside it. We always have a big bottle of homemade steak sauce in the fridge to dip our steak in but what we really LOVE is this Bearnaise Sauce.
It’s rich, creamy and velvety smooth. And this Bearnaise Sauce comes together in minutes with the help of your blender. It’s a great way to amp up your usual roast beef tenderloin or your holiday Prime Rib Roast.
With the holidays right around the corner, I like to make my menu a little extra special for guests and this Bearnaise Sauce is ALWAYS on it. Not just because it seems upscale and worthy of a restaurant but because it’s so simple to make without breaking a sweat.
WHAT IS BEARNAISE SAUCE
Bearnaise Sauce is a sauce made of melted butter, egg yolks, shallots, tarragon and lemon juice. It’s derived from the mother sauce, Hollandaise, with the addition of shallots and tarragon.
It has more depth of flavor than Hollandaise, although, hollandaise sauce is equally lovely to serve with your favorite poached eggs.
HOW TO MAKE BEARNAISE SAUCE
- Saute the shallots in butter over medium heat until softened. Set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean and melt the butter.
Add the yolks, water, shallots, lemon and salt to a blender.
Blend the ingredients until smooth and then slowly add the butter in a thin stream until an emulsion forms.
- Fold in the chopped herbs.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
TIPS FOR HOMEMADE BEARNAISE SAUCE
- Be sure your butter is hot when you stream it into the eggs or your sauce will not thicken up quickly.
- If you do need to make the sauce in advance, you can reheat it over low heat in a sauce pan. Whisk the sauce constantly so the heat doesn’t scramble the eggs.
- Don’t have lemons, you can use the same amount of white wine vinegar in the sauce.
- Do NOT reheat in the microwave!
- Be sure to use a powerful blender, this is the one I use and LOVE.
This Blender Bearnaise Sauce recipe is so simple to make. It’s buttery and smooth…and it’s perfect on just about everything. If you have a thing about raw eggs make sure to use pasteurized eggs. The pasteurization process eliminates the risk of salmonella without changing the nutrition or flavor of the eggs.
And don’t forget to include it with this easy Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon!
Want to see what else we’re cooking up? Follow us over on Instagram!
MORE EASY SAUCE RECIPES
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Homemade Garlic Butter Sauce
- Easy Chipotle Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Spicy Barbecue Sauce
Easy Bearnaise Sauce Recipe
- blender or food processor
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 tablespoons melted butter cooled to room temperature
- Add one tablespoon butter to a skillet and saute the shallots until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the yolks, water, lemon, shallots and salt to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and then slowly add the butter in a thin stream until an emulsion forms.
- Fold in the tarragon.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.