Easy Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
Not your ordinary salad dressing, this Easy Greek Salad Dressing is loaded with fresh mediterranean flavors. Kalamata olives, feta cheese, olive oil and herbs are combined to create the most powerful flavor you’ll ever add to your salads. Makes a great marinade for chicken, beef and lamb, too!
Easy Greek Salad Dressing
I’m not much of a salad fan unless it’s totally loaded up with flavors and textures that border on unhealthy. I’ll eat a salad for the pure sake of getting more veggies in my diet but I PREFER one that’s packed with addicting ingredients like bacon or bacon or cheese or more bacon. Get the picture?
So, I like to make my own homemade salad dressing….this way I have full control over the level of flavor burst I put into them. Homemade dressings are so easy to make, we really don’t need to buy them at the store.
Plus, they’re not loaded with preservatives and weird stuff that makes them shelf stable. This Easy Greek Salad Dressing recipe is no exception.
What is Greek Salad Dressing made of?
A Traditional Greek Salad Dressing is more like a Greek Vinaigrette with olive oil and red wine vinegar as the base. I like to add Kalamata Olives and Feta to my dressing recipe for added body and texture, then I whisk in herbs, salt and pepper for depth of flavor.
This homemade dressing recipe is so simple and quick to make you’ll want to whip it up every week.
How To Make It
I make this Homemade Greek Salad Dressing recipe in about 3 minutes. First, I create a “paste” of sorts with kalamata olives, garlic and feta cheese. There’s the flavor….the salty briny burst that you’re going to love.
Then, I whisk it all together with extra virgin olive oil, oregano, basil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, a teensy pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper. That’s it! You’re ready to top any of your favorite greens with this masterpiece. I also love to use it as a marinade for chicken, beef, lamb, shrimp….the options are endless for this flavor packed dressing!
How long does homemade Greek Salad Dressing last?
This easy salad dressing will last in the fridge for up to a week. If you skip the feta cheese in the recipe it will last for approximately 2 weeks.
Be sure to store your Greek Vinaigrette recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep it from spoiling. Allow the dressing to come to room temperature before serving if the olive oil has solidified.
Recipes Using Greek Salad Dressing
I like to use this Greek Vinaigrette is a variety of recipes, here are a few of my favorites:
- Chopped Greek Pasta Salad
- Super easy Grilled Chicken Gyros
- Greek Style Stuffed Peppers
- Greek Cucumber Noodle Salad
- Easy Greek Salad with Olives and Feta
And if you’re looking for even more easy Homemade Salad Dressing recipes you MUST check out this easy Thousand Island Dressing!
We also love these quick dressing recipes, too:
- Sooooo good Champagne Mimosa Dressing
- Easy Blue Cheese Dressing from scratch!
- Avocado Ranch Dressing recipe
- Spicy Fire Roasted Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Miso Ginger Dressing Recipe
Want even more easy family favorites? Follow us over on Instagram!
Get the Recipe: Easy Greek Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped oregano
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- In the bowl of a mini food processor or blender, add the olives, cheese and garlic. Process until a thick paste forms.
- Transfer the olive mixture to a bowl. Whisk in the vinegar, basil, oregano, lemon zest and juice to combine.
- Whisking vigorously, slowly stream in the olive oil and whisk together with the vinegar/olive mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.