Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs with Mango Salsa
Fiery flavor ready in a flash, Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs are quick and easy for super fast weeknight dinner. Topped with a refreshing Mango Salsa, this meal will be a summer favorite all season long.
Happy Hump Day! I have some very exciting news….I’m going to be a new contributor over on the blog I Wash, You Dry! I’ve been a long time fan of Shawn’s tasty recipes so it’s an absolute thrill to be able to share more of my favorites over there, too. Shawn and I are a lot alike…we both hate dishes so if you love the recipes here, you will love her’s just as much. Quick, easy, mess free dinners that are perfect for busy people like all of us! And this Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Kabob recipe is just that….quick, easy and mess free.
As you know, we grill tons of chicken at our house and our favorite dinners are bursting with flavor like these Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs with Mango Salsa. They’re super easy to make and you can even marinade the chicken up to a day in advance. The Mango Salsa is the perfect companion to the slightly spicy chicken. I like to serve my kabobs on a bed of fluffy white rice and sprinkled with chopped, fresh cilantro. Sliced avocado is not a bad idea either. 🙂 If you’re not a fan of mango or have trouble finding it in your local grocery store, this pineapple salsa is an excellent substitute!
These Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs have knocked our favorite Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs out of first place in our meal planning line up. I’ll be whipping them up weekly for sure since clean up is a breeze! Just a resealable bag for your marinade, some tongs for turning the chicken, a bowl to mix your salsa and a platter for serving. Summer is too short for dishes, don’t you agree?
GRILLED CHILI LIME CHICKEN KABOBS WITH MANGO SALSA
For the chicken:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 8 6- inch wooden skewers soaked in water for 1 hour
For the salsa:
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced serrano chili pepper or jalapeno pepper for a milder flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- juice of 1 lime
- Place the olive oil, lime juice, zest, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne and coriander in a resealable bag. Seal the bag and mix the ingredients together by gently squeezing the bag.
- In a medium bowl, add the mango, pepper, onion, cilantro, chili pepper, salt and lime. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add the chicken to the bag and press out the air. Seal the bag and marinade for 1 – 24 hours.
- Thread 4-5 pieces of chicken on each skewer being sure to leave space between each piece so the chicken cooks evenly.
- Grill chicken for 4 minutes. Flip the skewer and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with the salsa. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Total time includes 1 hour of marinading.