Mango Salsa is a quick and easy recipe that’s loaded with bold flavors! This freshly flavored fruity salsa features mangoes, bell peppers, red onions, cilantro, and jalapeños. Serve it with tortilla chips as a party appetizer or as a garnish for your favorite tacos!
I think I could write a love song about Mango Salsa! While I may not be a lyricist, I am a lover of fresh fruity flavors that have a slightly spicy kick to them, and this Mango Salsa seriously satisfies. The natural sweetness of the mango is balanced so perfectly by the spicy jalapeños, bitter red onions, and sprinkle of fresh cilantro. It all comes together in one flavor packed bite after the next!
Like any good salsa recipe, Mango Salsa is so easy to make. You just have to chop everything up, toss it together in a bowl, let it sit in the fridge for a little while so the flavors have time to really meld together, then enjoy! If you do plan on serving this fruity salsa at a party, it’s perfect for tossing together just before your guests arrive. Low stress and delicious results every time? Yes, please!
As much as I enjoy eating Mango Salsa with tortilla chips, it might be even better when it’s used as a taco topping. Whether they’re steak, chicken, or fish tacos, Mango Salsa compliments them perfectly! It brings an element of natural sweetness and fresh flavor to an otherwise totally savory flavor palate.
Honestly, I think a touch of tropical flavor compliments tacos and chips both better than anything else… and it makes everything pair SO well with a cerveza!
How to Make Mango Salsa
Chop it, toss it, chill, and enjoy! This Mango Salsa comes together in no time.
Chop it. Chop all of your ingredients. Try to make sure all of the pieces of each fruit and veggie are roughly the same size.
Toss it. Add the mangoes, peppers, onions, cilantro, and jalapeños to a mixing bowl. Toss everything together until it’s all mixed.
Chill. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge. Let the salsa chill for about 30 minutes.
Variations to Try
This fruity salsa is pretty perfect just the way it is! However, there are plenty of ways you can dress it up to make it even more perfect for your preferences.
- Remove the jalapeños. Not into a little spicy kick? Need to make it more kid friendly? Just remove the jalapeños! If you want something a little more middle of the road, you can leave the jalapeños in the mix for a kick of natural heat… But make sure there are NO seeds in the salsa! Jalapeño seeds will increase the heat.
- Make it spicier. Other than including jalapeño seeds in the mix, another delicious way to increase the heat is to sprinkle in some cayenne powder.
- Make those flavors pop even more. A pinch of Tajin or another chili lime seasoning is a great way to make all of those bold flavors pop even more! Just be careful, as a little goes a pretty long way.
In an airtight container in the fridge, Mango Salsa will stay fresh for about 2 days. Just keep in mind that the longer the salsa is in the fridge, the more liquids will be released from the fruits and veggies. Also, the mango will become softer with time. I always recommend eating Mango Salsa within the first 24 hours of making it if possible.
I don’t recommend freezing Mango Salsa.
What To Serve It With
- Chorizo Tacos
- Easy Cod Fish Tacos
- The Very Best Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- Lobster Tacos with Cilantro Lime Aioli
Grab some chips and dip into the best salsa recipes!
For more easy dip ideas, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Mango Salsa
- 2 mangos, seeded and finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, optional
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced (use one jalapeno for less heat)
- sharp knife
- Add the mangos, bell peppers, red onion, cilantro and jalapeño to a bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled with chips or use as a taco topping.