No need to light a campfire – make these easy Oven S’mores in the comfort of your own kitchen! Gooey melted marshmallows and sweet chocolate are sandwiched between two graham crackers, and the best part? These perfect s’mores are made in just under 5 minutes!
This recipe will give you everything you love about s’mores, and you won’t walk away smelling like a campfire! As much as I love snuggling around a campfire and roasting marshmallows, it’s never fun to wash that smokey smell out of your hair and laundry.
And for those of you who don’t go camping too often or don’t have a backfire to start a little fire in (looking at you, apartment dwellers!) this recipe is perfect for you! You can enjoy everything you love about a fire roasted marshmallows and melted chocolate between two graham crackers without ever lighting a single match.
Truly, I bet if you placed an oven made s’more next to a real campfire s’more, no one would be able to tell the difference. The marshmallow is still wonderfully crispy and chewy on the outside, all while being warm and melty on the inside.
After all, nothing is worse than burning the outside of your marshmallow and not allowing the inside to melt! These easy steps for making oven s’mores ensure that your marshmallows will be perfect every single time. Along with the marshmallows being divine, the chocolate you choose will also be warm and decadent without being burned.
That’s a big reason I think I might even like these oven s’mores more than regular old campfire s’mores, too! When you make a campfire s’more, the heat from the marshmallow usually causes the chocolate to melt slightly.
Well, with these oven s’mores, you’re guaranteed to have a great amount of warm and gooey chocolate in every bite. These easy s’mores are ideal for cozy movie nights with the family, wine nights with the ladies, and any other time you’re just craving a sweet s’more without the hassle of a campfire!
How to Make It
These sweet treats come together in just under 5 minutes! They’re also super easy to assemble and so much fun to make with the kids. Level up your s’mores with HOMEMADE Marshmallows!
- Arrange. Arrange half the graham crackers on a baking sheet.
- Assemble. Top each graham cracker with half a chocolate bar and top with a marshmallow. Use 2-3 if using regular marshmallows!
- Broil. Toast under the broiler for 1-2 minutes keeping an eye on them until the desired degree of doneness.
- Sandwich and enjoy! Top each s’more with the remaining graham crackers and serve immediately.
Variations to Try
- For less messy s’mores, use half the amount of chocolate or place the chocolate on the marshmallow after it’s been toasted.
- Are you a peanut butter lover? Spread some peanut butter on the top graham cracker before you sandwich the s’more together.
- If more chocolate if your thing, use Nutella instead of peanut butter to top of your s’more deliciously.
- If you like the flavor of chocolate and fruit together, use a Lemon Curd, Strawberry Jam or Blackberry Jam to add a lovely fruity flavor to the s’mores.
- Sprinkles, roasted peanuts and crushed pretzels are all also tasty ways to add more flavor and texture to the s’mores.
- I like to use milk chocolate the best, but any chocolate bar of your choice should do the trick. Dark, semi-sweet, or even white chocolate – you can’t go wrong when it comes to chocolate, after all!
Can oven s’mores be made ahead?
This is definitely a make it and enjoy it immediately kind of dessert. It’s super laid back and quick, which is great! However, if you’re really pinched for time, you can just assemble the s’mores and leave them in an airtight container int he refrigerator until you’re ready to broil them. If they’re very cold, they might need a little bit longer to toast, but it shouldn’t be too much more time.
Craving some more sweet treats? Here are a few of my favorites that include marshmallows, of course!
- The Best Rice Krispie Treats
- Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Marshmallows
- Marshmallow Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Easy S’mores Bars
Get the Recipe: Oven S’mores Recipe
- 6 Graham Crackers, broken in half
- 6 Chocolate Bars, Broken in half
- 12 jumbo marshmallows or 24-36 regular marshmallows
- baking sheet
- Arrange half the graham crackers on a baking sheet.
- Top each graham cracker with half a chocolate bar and top with a marshmallow (or 2-3 if using regular marshmallows)
- Toast under the broiler for 1-2 minutes keeping an eye on them until the desired degree of doneness.
- Top each s’more with the remaining graham crackers and serve immediately.