Pina Colada Banana Bread with Coconut Cream Glaze
Banana bread with a tropical spin! Pina Colada Banana Bread is loaded with coconut, pineapple and topped with a coconut cream glaze. Sweet, moist and completely irresistible!
Like everyone else in the world…the end of the week leaves me with a few less than stunning bananas on the counter. It’s inevitable. No matter how hard I try to make sure they all get eaten, there’s always a few stragglers just begging to be turned into something new. Crying to not be thrown into the trashcan. Weeping to be eaten…someway, somehow.
They’re the most dramatic of all bananas….brown and speckled with hints of what used to be a beautiful yellow hue. Well, maybe it’s not quite that theatrical…but we try our best to not waste food around here so I have a few creations where these bananas serve a wonderful purpose….because you know what they offer that less ripe bananas don’t?
Natural sugar…..they’re much sweeter than the pretty bananas so it’s a fact when they say “true beauty is only skin deep.” Those black bananas…..they’re remarkable on the inside.
So, I try to whip them into things like muffins and baked oatmeal when I want to cut back or eliminate sugar completely…which is happening a lot lately. The trying to cut back on sugar. I think we could all use less sugar but without sacrificing flavor.
Now I’m not saying this Pina Colada Banana Bread is low sugar by any stretch of the imagination but it is a sweet treat that’s not packed with corn syrup or cup upon cup of granulated sugar. If you’re looking for a sweet treat without added sugar you could try this chia seed pudding.…it’s completely amazing and the most popular recipe here on the blog.
We love banana bread here and I try to incorporate new twists to it like this ganache coated beauty or this one with white chocolate and macadamia nuts. It’s a great sweet treat and a wonderful way to start the day. My Pina Colada Banana Bread is loaded with pineapple, coconut and coconut milk.
Then it’s drenched in a coconut cream glaze and topped with toasted coconut. Completely dreamy. If you want to cut back on the sweetness you can skip the glaze…but why would you do that. It’s simply amazing and will definitely take your mouth on a mini Caribbean vacation.
Looking for even MORE easy Banana Bread recipes? Be sure to try these favorites!
- The BEST EVER Banana Bread Recipe
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread for those chocolate cravings
- Chocolate Chip Ricotta Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
- Banana Bread with Chocolate Glaze
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Maple Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread (this is INSANE!)
Get the Recipe: Pina Colada Banana Bread with Coconut Cream Glaze
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups mashed ripe banana, about 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar and butter beating at medium speed until fluffy. On low-speed, add the banana, coconut milk, pineapple and eggs mixing until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Keeping the mixer on low-speed and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat just until blended. Add the coconut and lime zest and stir briefly.
- Pour the batter into a 9×5 inch metal loaf pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
- While the bread cools, whisk together the coconut cream, confectioners' sugar and lime juice. Pour the glaze over the bread and sprinkle with coconut flakes. Serve immediately.