Celebrate fall with this creamy, sweet, and spiced Pumpkin Dip! This dip starts with cream cheese and gets all dressed up with pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, whipped cream and more. You’ll love watching this fluffy yet rich dip disappear at all of your fall gatherings like Halloween and Thanksgiving!
We include links to products we use to create this recipe. We may be compensated for purchases made using these links. Thank you for supporting our site.
Whether it’s served at a Halloween party or on Thanksgiving day, this pumpkin pie dip always disappears so fast! It has everything you love about pumpkin pie all served in a single bowl with dippers like gingersnap cookies, graham crackers or whatever else floats your boat. I really love serving it before Thanksgiving dinner, when everyone wants a light appetizer that still fits the theme.
The consistency of this pumpkin dip is pretty divine. It’s thick and creamy from the cream cheese, but it’s also light and fluffy from the whipped cream that gets folded in right at the end. The best of both worlds! It’s also easy to make in advance and keep in the fridge without losing that amazing consistency. On crazy days like Thanksgiving, you need all of the make ahead recipes you can get!
What really seals the deal on pumpkin pie dip is the flavor. It features pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and confectioners sugar. All of those ingredients come together in the best medley of sweet and spiced fall flavors! I like to garnish my dip with some cinnamon to give it that extra warm fall flair. You could also sprinkle some extra pumpkin pie spice on top, too.
How to Make Pumpkin Dip
This easy pumpkin dip recipe comes together in just a few easy steps with inexpensive ingredients!
- Mix until smooth. Place the cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a big bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add whipped cream. Use a spatula to fold the whipped cream into the dip.
- Serve and enjoy! Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and garnish with some cinnamon. Serve with dipped like gingersnaps, graham crackers, or apple slices.
This Pumpkin Dip is a great compliment to everyone’s favorite Marshmallow Fruit Dip on a dessert inspired board.
My favorite hand mixer by KitchenAid has been in my kitchen for over 20 years. So handy for making frosting, mashed potatoes, fluffy dips and shredding chicken. And isn’t this color divine. Comes in a variety of fun color ways.
Tips for the Best Pumpkin Dip
Use these quick tips and tricks to get the very best Thanksgiving dip every time!
- Use pumpkin puree. Do NOT use pumpkin pie filling! That is super sweet and will not mix well with the other ingredients listed. Pumpkin puree is 100% pure pumpkin and tastes so good when mixed with the sweet and spiced ingredients in this dessert dip recipe.
- Homemade pumpkin puree. Speaking of pumpkin puree, consider making homemade pumpkin puree! It’s a lot easier to make than you may think and always yields the best smooth consistency and real pumpkin-y flavor.
- Full fat cream cheese. Try to avoid low fat cream cheese. It’ll work in a pinch, but it won’t create the same thick and creamy consistency that regular full fat cream cheese does. Also, remember to let it adjust to room temperature before using.
- Homemade pumpkin pie spice. Achieve the very best flavor when you use homemade pumpkin pie spice. It’s so warm and smells like heaven! You’ll love keeping it on your spice rack for other fall favorite recipes like this gorgeous pumpkin roll.
You can make pumpkin dip up to 5 days in advance! Keep it stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It’s a great recipe for Thanksgiving prep!
I do not recommend freezing this pumpkin dip recipe. It’s super creamy and won’t thaw very well.
Enjoy more of the very best pumpkin recipes this fall!
Get the Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
- Gingersnaps, graham crackers or apple slices, for serving
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- 1 hand mixer
- 1 mixing bowl
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve with gingersnaps, graham crackers and apple slices.
You can make Pumpkin Dip up to 5 days in advance. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.