Whipped Feta Dip
Whipped Feta Dip is so easy to make and always impresses at parties! Feta cheese is whipped to perfection with greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil and fresh garlic. It’s a lighter appetizer that’s great for serving with crisp veggies and soft pita bread.
Whipped Feta Dip
As we’re slowly gravitating back towards reality and away from the holidays, most of us are looking for recipes on the lighter side. While I certainly loved having my fill of heartier dishes these last few months, I’m also excited to start getting back to fresh veggies and no bake recipes. This whipped feta dip is just the thing to kick start my new post-holiday menu!
This whipped feta dip recipe really couldn’t be much easier to make. Essentially, you just toss feta cheese, greek yogurt, lemon juice and zest, olive oil and garlic into a food processor and let it do all the work for you. The end result is a fluffy, light, freshly flavored feta dip that’s wonderful for piling high on top of pita bread or an array of fresh veggies. Plus, you can really get creative with garnishes.
My personal favorite toppings here include crispy chickpeas, honey, red pepper flakes and freshly minced parsley. It’s the very best combo of varying flavors and textures to compliment the smooth, lemony feta dip. While this dip is truly great all by itself, some garnishes add that little extra oomph to really send it over the top. I also love how picturesque the garnishes make it!
How to Make Whipped Feta Dip
This simple feta cheese dip is so easy to whip up – literally! For more detailed ingredient measurements and step by step instructions, scroll down the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Blend it all together. Make sure your food processor is fitted with a blade. Add the feta cheese, greek yogurt, garlic and both the lemon juice and zest. Blend it all together until chopped, then drizzle in the olive oil through the opening at the top until it’s all whipped and smooth.
- Serve. Transfer the whipped feta dip into a serving bowl. Smooth out the top and create little wells that the toppings can sit nicely in. Drizzle with honey and olive oil right on top, then sprinkle on the rest of your desired toppings! My favorite include crunchy chickpeas, red pepper flakes and freshly minced parsley. Serve with your favorite dippers like pita bread (or chips) and veggies.
Let’s take a quick look at that shopping list before you hit the store:
- Feta Cheese – Make sure to drain the block before adding it to the food processor! You don’t need any of that excess liquid in the dip.
- Greek Yogurt – It’s very important to only use plain greek yogurt! Don’t buy anything with added flavors.
- Lemon – Freshly squeezed lemon juice is always best. And don’t forget about the zest! Fresh lemon zest is what really seals the deal on that bright, vibrant flavor.
- Olive Oil – Extra virgin olive oil really does wonders to both the taste and flavor of this feta dip. Avocado oil also works well if preferred.
- Garlic – A single garlic clove adds great flavor. Feel free to add more if you want the garlicky note to be even more pronounced.
- Toppings – My favorites include honey, red pepper flakes, fresh parsley and roasted chickpeas.
Whipped feta dip is best enjoyed right away. If you do want to make it ahead of time, simply transfer it to the serving bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Chill it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Garnish it only when you’re ready to serve! The garnishes won’t stay fresh on top of the feta dip for very long.
Enjoy more of the very best dip recipes!
Get the Recipe: Whipped Feta Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces block feta cheese, drained
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Chili flakes
- Fresh parsley
- Crispy Chickpeas, optional
- 1 food processor
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade, add the feta, yogurt, lemon juice and zest.
- Process the ingredients until chopped and then drizzle the olive oil in through the top opening until the feta is whipped and smooth.
- Transfer the feta to a bowl or serving dish and smooth out the top leaving little wells to catch the toppings.
- Drizzle a little honey and olive oil on top the sprinkle with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with pita chips, vegetables or a spoon.