Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe
This Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe is the same classic you know and love but made better with a “secret” ingredient. Ultra creamy, cold spinach dip is so easy to make and is a party dip must have!
Party season is getting started and I’m prepared with all the dips. I’m a big fan of party dips because they’re, generally, pretty easy to make. Most of the time I make my dips from scratch but sometimes I love to dig into the archives a bit for a classic dip that’s always a crowd pleaser like this Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe.
You know the one…..the cold, creamy spinach dip that’s served (most often) in a fluffy bread bowl surrounded by the innards of that loaf of bread and tons of fresh vegetables. It is a staple at just about every party and I know that when someone offers to bring a dip this is what they’re bringing.
We had a New Year’s party once where our guest brought Knorr Spinach Dip in a bread bowl and it was so good we found our cat on the table just chowing down in that bowl. Needless to say, the whole thing, sadly, went into the trash.
BUT, luckily I had an extra packet of Knorr Vegetable Dip Mix in the pantry and all the ingredients on hand to whip up up again in about 5 minutes. It’s that easy to make.
Over the years, I added some things to my Knorr Spinach Dip recipe to make it extra special and the one secret I always kept to myself is now being shared here. As with all my creamy spinach recipes….I added a dash of nutmeg to give the spinach dip recipe a little something extra. Don’t skip it….one taste and you’ll know what I mean.
Don’t think I’m trying to claim this cold spinach dip recipe as my own creation, it’s my version adapted from the original Knorr Spinach Dip recipe. You can use that one, as well, but my tips and tweaks make it the best spinach dip you’ll ever sink your cucumber into.
KNORR SPINACH DIP
This creamy spinach dip recipe is a total classic and it dates back to….I don’t even know when. It’s easy to make and a total party must have…like if this Spinach Dip in a bread bowl isn’t in the center of your buffet table….is it really even a party?
INGREDIENTS FOR KNORR SPINACH DIP
Here’s what you need to make your spinach dip:
- Sour Cream – I used regular sour cream but here’s an excellent chance to lighten things up with a low fat sour cream, if you wish. It won’t really alter the flavor much at all.
- Mayonnaise – Also, I use regular mayonnaise as it adds a nice, fluffy, creamy texture to the dip but you can use an olive oil based mayo or a low fat version if you’re trying to keep things on the lighter side.
- Water Chestnuts – The texture of water chestnuts can be a little weird to some but if you chop them up finely they add a wonderful crunch to the dip. Don’t skip them. I’m not a fan and I love them in this recipe.
- Scallions – An onion-y bite with bright green color, this addition is fresh and flavorful. If you can’t find scallions or green onions, chopped fresh chives add a nice mild onion flavor, too.
- Frozen Chopped Spinach – Yes, you can use fresh but you’ll need mounds and mounds of fresh spinach to start. Then, you’ll have to cook it down. It’s best to start with frozen, thawed….and just stir it right into your dip. So easy!
- Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix – Enough said.
- Nutmeg – The secret ingredient that will make your guests say “hmmm.” In the best way possible.
- Worcestershire – A splash, that’s all you need. It adds that desirable umami flavor you hear about every now and then.
- Salt and Pepper – To taste, be sure to taste the dip and add salt/pepper as needed. The Knorr Vegetable Mix is flavored a ton so you won’t need a lot of extra seasoning.
TIPS FOR MAKING COLD SPINACH DIP
- Make your Knorr Spinach Dip in advance will only add to the flavor. Allowing your dip to chill out in the fridge for a bit will give the ingredients time to marry together in perfect, best dip ever, harmony.
- Squeeze that spinach dry….using a towel, wring your spinach out completely so it’s totally dry. Any moisture left in your spinach will make your dip watery and not good eats at all.
- If you MUST use fresh spinach, start with baby spinach and you’ll need about a pound of fresh spinach. Place in a skillet with 3 tablespoons of water and cover. Allow the spinach to steam until wilted. Wring out using the kitchen towel method I mentioned above.
HOW TO MAKE KNORR SPINACH DIP
This spinach dip is super easy to make. Once you have your spinach thawed, drained and dried out….simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until totally combined and then store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
You can serve in a bread bowl….or not. The choice is totally your’s.
Knorr Spinach Dip will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container. It must be refrigerated at all times. (except when serving, of course.)
I don’t recommend freezing your spinach dip.
HOW TO MAKE A BREAD BOWL
You can use any type of bread you wish but I’m partial to this easy Brioche recipe. Once your loaf is baked, cut off 1/3 of the top of the bread and reserve. Then scoop out the insides of the loaf being careful not to bust through the side of the bread.
Transfer the Knorr Spinach Dip to the bread bowl and serve with the reserved bread torn into bite sized pieces.
You’re going to love this bit of nostalgia in your perfect party dip recipe. Serve alongside assorted vegetables and crackers for a complete dip party.
MORE EASY DIP RECIPES
- The Very Best Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Easy Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
- A game day must have, the BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip Ever.
- Quick White Queso Dip
- Hot Artichoke Asiago Dip is a favorite here.
- Super easy Cheesy Spinach Dip
- Creamy Cold Crab Dip….stir and serve.
Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe
Quick, easy and creamy, Knorr Spinach Dip is the best party appetizer for every occasion.
- 1 10 ounce box frozen spinach thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts drained and finely chopped
- 4 scallions Chopped
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
Add the spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix, water chestnuts, scallions, worcestershire sauce and nutmeg to a bowl.
Stir the ingredients until combined thoroughly.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 48 hours.
Spoon the spinach dip into a bowl and serve with bread, crackers or vegetables.
You can make your Knorr Spinach Dip up to 48 hours in advance.
It will last up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Do not freeze your spinach dip.