Extra cheesy, creamy and tangy….Pepperoni Pizza Dip is just like your favorite pizza without the crust. Serve this treat at your Super Bowl party this Sunday and your guests will be hooked after the first bite.
Like any normal person, I’m a pizza lover. I like it all, any topping, any cheese, sauce, no sauce, veggies, meat-lovers….I will eat just about anything. Put an egg on it….I’m there! But I don’t always love the crust. Scratch that….I don’t like the crust at all. When I was younger, everyone said the crust is the best part. How? How is it that the only part of the pizza that doesn’t have ANY toppings left on it is the best part? I never will understand that….because if I had it my way I would just eat the toppings and leave the whole crust on the table. It’s just a delivery system to get all that gooey cheese and sausage and mushrooms into my mouth.
So, this week I solved that problem. And it was a genius solution if you ask me. I made a dip with just the components of the pizza I love. Maybe I made this just for me but you will love it too, I promise. And your tailgating friends….they will love you for making this. I mean, come on. What’s better than melted cheese in a bowl with some sauce and pepperoni? Really….tell me…’cause I want to know.
This recipe is sooooooo darn easy to make. If you don’t make it you’re kind of silly…because it’s that easy. I even tried to make pizza crust bites to go with it but I didn’t like them….and they weren’t pretty at all. And I don’t like crust so whatever. You could serve the Pepperoni Pizza Dip with crackers, crostini or breadsticks. Whatever blows your skirt up. Or you could just use a spoon, or your finger. But it’s hot so you may not want to eat it with your fingers. That’s actually not a fantastic idea at all.
A simple suggestion….make sure you have extra ingredients on hand because this dip will be gone in a flash. You’ll probably have to make more, or save yourself some trouble and make a double batch. This is a great make ahead dip and would go really well with my Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings. Just a little food for thought there. Happy eating my friends….because isn’t that what the Super Bowl is all about? Oh…and the commercials. 🙂
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp provolone
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 8-10 pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small food processor, blend the cream cheese, mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the cheeses. Set aside.
- In an over-proof shallow baking dish, spread the sauce evenly over the bottom. Carefully spread the cheese mixture over the sauce and top with the pepperoni. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with crackers or crostini.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 254kcal Calories from fat 204|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|