Cheese tortellini pasta is tossed in garlicky asiago cheese sauce in this incredible Asiago Tortellini recipe. Make this quick, easy, and unforgettable cheesy pasta dish for dinner tonight!
When it comes to pasta dishes, it can be tempting to just open a jar of sauce and pour is all over the noodles of your choice. Trust me – I get it! After a long day of working and taking care of kids, the temptation to buy a jar of sauce is SO real.
However, this cheesy, creamy asiago sauce can be whipped up in no time and is so, so much better than a jar of store-bought sauce! Seriously, my whole family could pretty much just eat this homemade sauce with a spoon.
When the asiago sauce is poured over cooked cheese tortellini, true magic happens. If you love cheese as much as I do, you’re going to be truly obsessed with this easy dinner.
Make it for a dinner party or weeknight dinner with the family – either way, this cheesy pasta dish is sure to impress!
How to Make Cheese Tortellini
Cooking your own asiago cheese sauce is super easy, and I’m going to prove it to you! Oh, and it’ll probably only take you a half hour or less to make.
- Boil. Start off by boiling a pot of salted water over medium high heat.
- Cook the pasta. Cook the tortellini pasta according to the package instructions. Be sure to reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water!
- Heat the garlic. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium high and stir in the minced garlic. Cook for about 1 minute, or until aromatic.
- Add more ingredients. Turn the heat to low and whisk in the half and half, heavy cream, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning. Continue to cook the mixture until it’s slightly thickened.
- Add the cheese and spinach. Start by first stirring in the cheese until it’s smooth. Then, add the spinach, and cook it until it begins to wilt.
- Toss it all together. Fold in the cooked tortellini until it’s fully coated with the cheesy sauce! Then, season with salt and pepper as desired before garnishing with fresh basil, parsley, and crushed red pepper. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Asiago Tortellini
While you can certainly serve this pasta dish all on its own, it’s also delicious when paired with any of these tasty side dishes!
- Garlic Parmesan Baked Asparagus
- Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Salad
- Easy Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- Sautéed Broccoli Rabe
How To Store Leftover Tortellini
In an airtight container in the fridge, this delicious pasta dinner will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
To reheat it, I recommend putting it back into the saucepan over medium low heat with just a teaspoon or two of olive oil! The microwave tends to dry out the sauce.
I use cheese tortellini because it’s the most classic way to enjoy asiago tortellini. However, there are plenty of other stuffed tortellini pastas to try!
Whether your tortellini is all cheese or has pepper, chicken, spinach, or even prosciutto, it’s bound to be delicious when tossed in this homemade sauce.
How To Make Tortellini Sauce Thicker
If you want to double down on the sauce, just add another 1/2 cup of heavy cream and another 1/2 cup of grated asiago cheese.
If you add in these extra amounts of heavy cream and cheese, you’ll definitely have a lot more thick, creamy asiago sauce.
Make sure to stir continuously, so the sauce mixes well!
So, next time you have a busy day, treat yourself to this easy to make sauce instead of grabbing a jar of the store-bought stuff. You deserve to enjoy this insanely good asiago tortellini!
More Easy Pasta Dinner Ideas
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Spicy Chicken Rigatoni
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Easy Pasta Puttanesca with Linguine
- Easy Cheesy Tortellini Al Forno
For more easy recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Get the Recipe: Asiago Tortellini Recipe
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Half and Half
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Chopped basil and parsley, for garnish
- Crushed Red Pepper, optional
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Cook according to package directions and drain reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat and stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat to low and whisk in the half and half, heavy cream, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian Seasoning. Cook until slightly thickened, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and cook until smooth.
- Add the spinach and cook until beginning to wilt.
- Fold in the tortellini and toss until coated.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil, parsley and crushed red pepper, if desired.