Bacon Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Crispy, crunchy, salty, buttery…..it’s a flavor explosion in these Bacon Parmesan Roasted Potatoes. So simple to make in just one pan and a fantastic side dish for any occasion whether it be a quick weeknight dinner or an elegant dinner party. Perfect results every time!
Happy OCTOBER!!! Can you believe it?!?! I feel like we just started September and here we are, leaves are a’changin’ and making a total mess in the lawn. But I’m ready to bust out the sweaters, fall boots and funky scarves. I just got back from New York and when I first headed up it was 90 degrees……I wore jeans. It was sticky. Not a good wardrobe choice at all but by Friday the weather had turned and it was a stunningly beautiful fall day on the Hudson. I can’t wait to fill you all in on what I was doing up there but, right now, let’s talk about potatoes. Specifically, potatoes roasted in bacon fat and parmesan cheese….mmmmkay?
I get a lot of emails from you all with recipe requests and the big one the past month was a call for side dishes. I didn’t realize I don’t have many side dishes on my site so it is definitely time I added a few of my favorites besides the usual mashed potatoes and green beans. I tend to roast a lot of potatoes as a quick and easy side for our weeknight dinners. I love them because they don’t take much effort and the possibilities are endless in the ways you can twist them with different flavor combinations. My favorite was always this Skillet Smashed Potatoes recipe because it’s simple flavors allow the butteriness of the potato to really shine. But for this Bacon Parmesan Roasted Potatoes recipe I wanted to make sure I used all the ingredients to their maximum potential.
A lot of times when a recipe calls for the use of bacon, you’re told to drain off the fat then move to the next step…..usually adding olive oil or some other kind of fat to the pan to continue the cooking process. But not me….we use that bacon fat to roast the potatoes which adds a nice salty/smokey flavor to the potatoes creating more depth in each bite. AND to add a bit more crunch to the party, the potatoes are tossed with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese which crisps up during the roasting process turning into a golden brown nuttiness that is totally addicting!
Bacon Parmesan Roasted Potatoes are a great addition to any menu whether it be something quick and easy like this simple Rotisserie Style Chicken or something a little more fancy pants like this Herb Crusted Prime Rib Roast. It’s fast, easy and always impressive….and if you have leftovers they go so well with a poached egg on top for a simple, quick breakfast. But let me warn you….there won’t be any leftovers. So….amazingly…..crazy….ADDICTING!
Bacon Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes cut in half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange the bacon in a single layer on the foil. Bake for 12 minutes or until crispy.
- Transfer the cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool.
- Add the potatoes to the baking sheet and toss in the bacon fat to coat. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes. Stir the potatoes and roast for an additional 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Crumble the reserved bacon and toss with the potatoes.
- Serve immediately.