This Greek Chicken recipe is a one pan dinner that’s loaded with flavor! Tender marinated chicken breasts are cooked to perfection with olives, tomatoes, garlic, Greek seasoning, Greek dressing and more. It’s on the lighter side but still so satisfying – the best of both worlds!
When I need a dinner on the lighter side that’s still going to actually fill me up and hit the spot, Greek chicken is the recipe I turn to! This chicken seriously delivers in every way. It’s easy to make, low in carbs, high in protein and has a ton of delicious flavor. Oh, and it’s a one pan dinner recipe! So you know it’s easy to make and quick to clean up, which is always a huge win for me.
Chicken breasts are first marinated in Greek salad dressing to make sure they’re going to be tender, juicy and flavorful. They’re then seared to golden perfection before being cooked all the way through with kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, garlic, Greek seasoning, honey and more Greek salad dressing. There are so many various flavors and textures to enjoy in each bite!
If you’re trying to cut some carbs without sacrificing flavor, this is the recipe you need in your life. It’s one of those that I love making all the time, even when I’m not necessarily trying to eat healthier! Greek cuisine is famous for being vibrant and featuring fresh ingredients, and that’s really what the goal is with this easy one pan dinner recipe. Don’t forget the feta on top to really seal the deal!
How to Make Greek Chicken
Here’s a quick look at how to make one pan Greek chicken! Scroll to the recipe card to see more info about ingredients and step by step instructions.
- Marinate the chicken. Place the chicken breasts in a bowl or zip-top bag. Cover with Greek dressing and marinate for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight. Let the chicken adjust to room temperature prior to cooking.
- Sear the chicken. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear the chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side until golden and almost cooked through. Then transfer to a plate to keep warm.
- Add the veggies. Cook the onion until just softened, then stir in half of the olives and tomatoes. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes. Mix in the garlic and Greek seasoning and cook for 1 more minute.
- Finish it off. Stir in the chicken stock, Greek dressing and honey. Place the chicken back in the pan and let it cook all the way through for about 10 minutes or so.
- Serve. Remove the pan from the heat. Top off the dish with fresh oregano, crumbled feta cheese, tomatoes and olives. Serve immediately and enjoy!
There are so many ways to enjoy Greek chicken! I love to keep things healthy and simple with a side of veggies, like the steamed broccoli I have pictured. Steamed asparagus with lemon is also nice. You could always stick with the Greek flavor palate and serve some Greek cucumber salad!
Tips for the Best Greek Chicken
Get the very best Greek chicken every time with these quick tips:
- Consider using homemade Greek salad dressing for the very best flavor! It’s super quick and easy to make.
- Let the chicken slowly cook through. Sear it just until golden on both sides, then let it cook all the way through with all of the other ingredients. That’s how you’ll accomplish tender, juicy chicken.
- Don’t skip the marinading process! The acids in Greek salad dressing will make the meat much more tender. Plus, marinading chicken always ensures it’ll be flavorful as can be.
Check out more of the best chicken breast recipes!
- Easy Chicken Madeira
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken
- Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- BBQ Chicken Breasts
Get the Recipe: Greek Chicken Recipe with Olives and feta
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup greek salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon greek seasoning
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup greek dressing
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 skillet
- Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl or zip top bag. Add the dressing and marinade for 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes until golden. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Stir in the 1/2 the olives and tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and greek seasoning. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken stock and greek dressing, and honey.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the oregano, feta and add the remaining tomatoes and olives.