Greek Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
Greek Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers is a one pot recipe that’s easy to make in just one pot! This easy weeknight dinner satisfies with ingredients like feta cheese, kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and so much more. It’s filling, flavor packed, and health conscious!
Greek Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
Eating a healthier dinner doesn’t always have to mean salad! These easy to make Greek Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers are filling, as they’re made with protein packed chicken and plenty of brown rice, and they’re definitely not lacking in the flavor department. A healthy dinner that will actually keep me full AND satisfies my cravings for bold flavors? Yes, please! Oh, and it’s worth mentioning that kids actually love these peppers, too.
The best part about these simple stuffed peppers is just that – they’re simple and EASY. This recipe takes less than 45 minutes from start to finish and it’s made in just one pot. That also means less clean up, which is huge for me on a busy weeknight! Well, technically it’s a two dish recipe since you need both the mixing bowl and the baking dish… But that’s really nothing compared to how many dishes I usually find myself washing after dinner.
If you love Mediterranean flavors like I do, then this recipe is right up your alley. Signature Greek ingredients like feta cheese and kalamata olives keep things flavorful, while the chicken and rice keep you full! Plus, the peppers are tender and juicy, which also adds a ton of delicious flavor to the dish as a whole. This is an easy dinner that always satisfies in both the flavor and filling departments, which is huge when you’re trying to eat your veggies!
How to Make It
Quick, easy, healthy, delicious – this weeknight dinner really has it all.
Preheat. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place the peppers. Place the peppers, cut side up, in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
Create the stuffing. In a large bowl, combine the rice, chicken, spinach, cheese, olives tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
Stuff the peppers. Stir the mixture until well blended and spoon the mixture into the peppers. Place the tops of the peppers on the filling and transfer to the oven.
Bake the peppers. Bake the peppers for 40-45 minutes or until the peppers have softened.
Enjoy! Sprinkle the peppers with the remaining feta cheese and serve immediately.
Storing Greek Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
These stuffed peppers make incredible leftovers! The best part is that they actually reheat fairly well in the microwave, too – so if you’re bringing one with you to work for lunch, you’re in for a real treat.
To keep these stuffed peppers fresh, keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for about 2-3 days. I don’t recommend freezing them.
Tips for the Best Greek Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
- While you can use another type of ground meat instead of chicken, I do recommend sticking with the chicken. It has the most neutral flavor that allows the other bold ingredients to really stand out.
- Leftover roasted chicken or a grocery rotisserie chicken make this recipe even easier to throw together.
- Measure the rice accordingly! If you add too much, there might not be enough moisture for it all and it won’t cook through.
- Make sure you drain the sun-dried tomatoes well before adding them to the stuffing mixture. If they’re too oily, it’ll compromise the consistency of the stuffing.
- Try to use the best quality olive oil that you can! The flavor will really shine through in a tasty way if it’s a good quality olive oil.
Enjoy more of my favorite veggie packed dinners!
Get the Recipe: Greek Style Stuffed Peppers with Chicken Feta and Kalamata Olives
- 4 large bell peppers, tops sliced off and seeds removed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the peppers, cut side up, in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, chicken, spinach, cheese, olives tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir the mixture until well blended and spoon the mixture into the peppers.
- Place the tops of the peppers on the filling and transfer to the oven.
- Bake the peppers for 40-45 minutes or until the peppers have softened. Sprinkle the peppers with the remaining feta cheese and serve immediately.