Slow Cooker Pear Butter
Slow Cooker Pear Butter is sweet, tangy, and practically perfect on everything! It’s so easy to make, too. All you need to do is toss everything in your Crockpot and let it do all the work for you! Serve this Pear Butter as part of a cheese platter, smeared on a breakfast muffin, or however else you’d like. There’s really not a bad way to serve it!
Slow Cooker Pear Butter
Peel your pears, slice them, toss them into the Crockpot with a handful of brown sugar and spices, and enjoy! This easy-peasy Slow Cooker Pear Butter really couldn’t be any more simple. The pears slowly cook with the brown sugar and warm spices to create the most incredible Pear Butter you’ve ever had! Another big benefit (besides how simple this recipe is) is that it always makes your kitchen smell better than any candle ever could.
As the pears slowly cook in the Crockpot, they cook down to the a liquid-y base that blends with the other ingredients to make the perfect butter consistency. You can spread it on toast, pancakes, or whatever else your heart desires! When apples get all of the attention this fall, switch things up by serving or gifting this Pear Butter to your friends and family.
The touch of warm spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg help make this Crockpot Pear Butter ready for the fall season! With that being said, it’s still sweet and fruity enough to be served all year long, like in spring and summer. That’s the beauty of Pear Butter – there’s never a bad time to serve it. If you do want to gift this Pear Butter, just toss it in a jar with a little ribbon and make someone’s day with it!
How to Make Pear Butter in the Crockpot
Peel, cook, blend, enjoy! That’s really all it takes to make the BEST Pear Butter!
Prepare the pears. You’ll want to peel and slice all of your pears prior to plugging in the Crockpot.
Slow cook it. Toss the pears, brown sugar, and spices into the Crockpot. Place the lid on top and make sure it’s secure. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
Blend. Transfer everything to a blender or immersion blender and blend until the pears are totally smooth. You don’t want any lumps in there!
How to Store Pear Butter
Homemade Pear Butter will stay fresh for up to 3 weeks if stored properly! Once the Pear Butter has totally cooled to room temperature, place it in an airtight food storage container (I use glass jars) and place it in the fridge. When you remove some Pear Butter from the container, be sure to only do so with a clean utensil! Any new bacteria introduced to the Pear Butter will cause it to spoil pretty quick.
I don’t recommend freezing Pear Butter. It doesn’t have the same consistency once thawed from frozen.
How to Use Pear Butter
- Mix it into something. One of my favorite ways to enjoy Pear Butter is actually to totally mix it into something else! I like to stir mine into oatmeal, cottage cheese, and yogurt.
- Spread it on a carb! I love a good carby snack covered in Pear Butter! Whether that’s plain toast or something more special like Pancakes, English Muffins, Banana Bread, or Waffles… It’s a real treat no matter what!
- Use it as a condiment in a sandwich. Elevate your average grilled cheese with some Pear Butter! Or, better yet, use it in place of apple butter with my favorite Pulled Pork Sliders.
Making homemade butters like this is always easy and always rewarding!
- The Very Best Crockpot Apple Butter
- Cinnamon Maple Walnut Butter
- Chai Spice Pumpkin Butter
- Strawberry Coconut Butter
Get the Recipe: Slow Cooker Pear Butter
- 5 pounds pears, peeled, sliced and cored
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in the bottom of a slow cooker or crock pot and stir to combine. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Transfer the pear mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer the pear butter to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.