Steak Seasoning is the BEST way to make your steak taste like it’s from a steakhouse! A medley of herbs and spices blend together to create the most mouthwatering savory flavor that compliments any cut of beef perfectly. You can also toss this savory seasoning mix onto veggies or other proteins of your choice.
Say goodbye to bland steaks and hello to bonafide steakhouse flavor! Having your own homemade Steak Seasoning mix on hand is the best way to always ensure that your steak is going to be downright delicious, every time. Whenever you use this spice blend, think of it like you’re adding an insurance policy to your meat! It’s a guaranteed way to create the hands down best flavor.
So, what’s in it? This homemade Steak Seasoning consists of key ingredients like brown sugar, smoked paprika, dried herbs, Ancho chili powder, and more. It’s a complex seasoning mix that lends sweet, smokey, savory, and very slight spicy flavor to whatever cut of beef you choose to rub it with. Unlike the store-bought stuff, it’s not loaded with sodium! There is a pinch of coarse kosher salt to help develop the other ingredients even more, but it doesn’t overpower the flavor palate.
The best part about making your own seasoning mixes at home is that you can control exactly what goes into it. If you’re on a strict low sodium diet, you can omit the salt entirely. Not a fan of smokey flavor? Swap the smoked paprika with regular. While I enjoy this Steak Seasoning just the way it is, you can alter it however you need to best fit your preferences. No matter how you may or may not alter it, I’m positive this homemade blend will be better than anything store-bought!
How to Make Homemade Steak Seasoning
Whisk, enjoy, repeat. Making your own spice blends at home is SO easy to do! Once you start using your own seasoning mixes, you’ll never go back to the store-bought stuff again.
Whisk. Add all of the measured ingredients to a bowl. Whisk everything together to fully combine.
Enjoy! You can either store your Steak Seasoning in an airtight jar or use it immediately.
How to Store Homemade Steak Seasoning
I love keeping little jars of my homemade seasoning blends on hand at all times. That way, when I’m cooking, I can just reach for all of my favorites and they’re ready to go!
In an airtight container, you can store Steak Seasoning at room temperature for up to 3 months. When you use some, be sure to scoop it out with a very clean utensil. Any new bacteria introduced to the blend could cause it to spoil.
There’s no need to refrigerate Steak Seasoning.
How to Use Homemade Steak Seasoning
Besides the obvious (steak), there are plenty of ways to get creative with this seasoning mix!
- Steak – Of course, steak is the most popular way to use Steak Seasoning! This spice blend can be used to rub any cut of beef you’d like. Whether you grill it or cook it on your stove top, this blend will compliment your steak deliciously.
- Fish – Salmon, shrimp, tilapia, and plenty of other fishes/seafood pair so well with Steak Seasoning.
- Chicken – Feel free to rub down some chicken wings, legs, or breasts with Steak Seasoning! If you have skin on your cut of chicken, rub the spice mix both on top of and under the skin to maximize that flavor.
- Veggies – Sprinkle this mouthwatering Steak Seasoning on veggies before roasting or grilling to help them pair even more perfectly with your entree.
Keep your spice rack stocked with the BEST seasoning blends!
Get the Recipe: Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tablespoon Ancho chili powder
- 1 whisk
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 months.