Sparkling Pomegranate Rum Punch Recipe
All the flavors of the holiday season in one perfect party punch! Sparking Pomegranate Rum Punch is fizzy, sweet, tart and lightly spiced for a fantastically easy to make cocktail that will tantalize the tastebuds. Festive and simple, this is a must for ever winter party!
I’m sitting here eating the rest of the Christmas Crack wondering what happened to time. Christmas has come and gone….and I’m stuck in the middle of time when you don’t really know what day it is. Naps are a requirement. I’m waiting for the new year to arrive reminding me that time will never slow….we must respect the hours, minutes, seconds we have been given to live our lives.
We had a really emotional 2018 and while I haven’t been feeling super celebratory, I think it’s important to those that we lost this year to honor them by living our lives as fully as possible. Celebrating every day, milestone, birthday and holiday with a lively spirit…..living life they would want to if they were still with us.
I remember the punch bowl when I was little…..always the centerpiece of the beverage table with bobbles of sherbet floating around inside a sparkling red punch. It was always non-alcoholic because my aunts knew that something so festively colored and sweetly scented would lure the children around to dip the ladle fishing out cups of holiday punch.
I loved it so much, especially when you’d get your very own scoop of sorbet bobbing around in your glass. This punch is a bit different…..some call it Christmas Punch but the flavors are perfectly suited for any winter celebration. It would be fantastic for your New Year’s party….Sparkling Pomegranate Rum Punch is as easy as it gets when you don’t want to play bartender all night long.
Now this isn’t a traditional rum punch that you’d find in the Caribbean, this is more of a Pomegranate Champagne Punch with spiced rum for a little extra kick….and then combined with pomegranate, orange juice and ginger beer for extra “punch.”
How do you make a rum punch drink?
This is more of a rum party punch than an actual cocktail or drink. But Sparkling Pomegranate Rum Punch is sooooo easy to make by just mixing your ingredient together in a big punch bowl.
- Stir together orange juice, pomegranate juice, ginger beer, champagne and rum in a large punch bowl.
- Add sliced oranges, cranberries and pomegranates, as well as, cinnamon sticks, anise stars, etc. if desired.
- Serve immediately.
What ingredients are in rum punch?
The traditional rum punch drink is made with a variety of rum and fruit juices. For this easy Champagne Punch recipe you will need:
- Orange Juice
- Pomegranate Juice
- Ginger Beer
- Spiced Rum
- Orange Slices
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Star Anise
You can have this easy punch recipe on the table in about 2 minutes. I, seriously, think it takes me longer to open the bottle of champagne than it actually does to mix this easy champagne punch up for your next soiree.
If you’re looking for even more festive party drinks, be sure to try these easy favorites:
- Boozy Peppermint Mocha Coffee….the BEST brunch recipe
- Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Punch…fall in a cup!
- My favorite fall libation….Spiced Blood Orange Dark and Stormy.
- Super easy Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria
- Fun and festive…..easy Mimosa Float!
And you’ll certainly need to round out your party spread with some easy appetizers…..these are my absolute favorite recipes for easy party planning!
- Smoked Salmon Canapes come together in minutes!
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are sooooo easy!
- Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon is like the BEST THING EVER!
- Super easy Crab Dip recipe….a reader favorite.
- Pimento Cheese Spread is a must for every party.
- Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites are always a hit.
Get the Recipe: Sparkling Pomegranate Rum Punch Recipe
- 2 750 ml bottles brut champagne
- 1 1/2 cups spiced rum
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups ginger beer
- orange slices
- pomegranate seeds
- cinnamon sticks
- In a large punch bowl, stir together the champagne, rum, pomegranate juice, orange juice and ginger beer.
- Add the orange slices, pomegranate seeds, cranberries and cinnamon sticks.
- Serve immediately.