Simple and loaded with chocolate, these Chocolate Chip Cookies are a country fair blue ribbon winner. Crispy edges with a soft, chewy center, this cookie will turn any frown upside down.
I didn’t win…if you’re wondering. The blue ribbon at the country fair, I didn’t win. I HAVE, however, been making these cookies for a couple decades…ever since I snagged the winning recipe from the winner herself. My ex-mother-in-law (are those hyphens correct???). And don’t worry, I’m sure she won’t mind if I share it with all of you. She’s the sweetest lady on the planet. Really super kind and sweet…like these cookies. And she was happy to share this recipe with me…at least that’s how I remember it. I don’t think I had to pin her down in the kitchen to snag it from her bare hands. At least I don’t think I did…ok, maybe I did have to rough her up a little bit but seriously, when I want a chocolate chip cookie….I always make these. Fail-safe, food-proof, call them what you want. They are the Very Best Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Now…it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t tweak it a bit. Which, of course, I did. I added a few things….like dark chocolate chips…and mini dark 70% chocolate chips. Just a smidge more chocolate because more chocolate is always better. I also added baking powder because sometimes I felt my cookies would slump down in the middle…like they were deflated…or sad. Either way, that problem is fixed. And now they’re happy cookies….happy, slightly puffy, extra chocolatey, crispy, chewy cookies. You could probably rob a bank with these cookies.
This recipe makes about 36 decent sized Chocolate Chip Cookies….way too much to not share. Ok, maybe you don’t have to share but that’s a lot of cookies and summer’s coming…so I just thought I’d mention that. But that melty chocolate, look at it….just look at it!
If you feel you need more chocolate than the Very Best Chocolate Chip Cookies can offer, may I suggest trying out the BESTChocolate-Chocolate Chunk Cookie? You should probably share those as well. Just sayin.
The Very Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini 70% dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla bean paste. Add the eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly between each addition. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the flour mixture. Turn off the mixer and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and then store in an airtight container.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 176kcal Calories from fat 82|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|