Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders
Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders might just be your new favorite lunch… ever. Ham and Swiss cheese are sandwiched between two soft slider buns that are smothered in a savory butter sauce and baked to the most scrumptious golden brown color. This lunch recipe is as easy to make as it is delicious!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
I struggle to think of a lunch more delicious than warm, gooey Swiss cheese and deli ham stuffed between two buttery baked slider buns. While I do keep using the term lunch, don’t worry – this easy slider recipe also doubles as an easy dinner idea AND party appetizer! We’re in the thick of game day season, and these Ham and Cheese Sliders are always big winners.
Let’s discuss that golden brown top bun, shall we? The sliders get tossed into the oven, but before that, they’re smothered with the most mouthwatering concoction.
Butter, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard and everything bagel seasoning are mixed together to create the most incredible savory flavor that gets poured evenly across the tops of the already tasty slider buns.
There are so many different places you can serve these easy sliders at! Watching football with friends, hosting a pool party, or just a quick dinner with the family – there’s really never a bad time to enjoy a Ham and Cheese Slider! They’re both kid-friendly and pair perfectly with cold beer, so they’re fit for all ages as well.
How to Make Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders
The prep time for these handheld sliders is so quick! You’ll love how easily it all comes together.
- Prepare. Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray down a 9×13 baking dish.
- Make the sauce. Whisk together the melted butter, mustard, everything bagel seasoning and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Assemble the sliders. Layer the bottoms of the buns in the baking dish. Layer the ham and cheese in alternating layers. Place the tops of the rolls on top of the ham and cheese.
- Add the sauce and bake. Pour the buttery sauce all over the sliders. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until the rolls are lightly browned and the cheese is gooey.
- Enjoy! Slice the sliders into individual sandwiches and serve immediately.
Tips for the Best Ham and Cheese Sliders
- I always love using my homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning. It’s got all of the flavor and way less sodium than so many store-bought brands.
- If you’re making this after a holiday like Christmas or Easter, use your leftover ham instead of sliced deli ham! I’ve done that before with my favorite Bourbon Honey Baked Ham leftovers and it was SO good.
- Keep an eye on the sliders when they’re in the oven. Around the 10-15 minute mark, watch the tops of those slider buns. You want them to be golden brown, but not burned. Every oven is different so it’s very important to keep a close eye on things. They can burn fast!
- You can use salted butter instead of unsalted, but I’ve found that it makes the sliders far too salty. The everything bagel seasoning already has some salt in it and deli ham is usually a little salty as well.
How to Make Ham and Swiss Sliders Ahead of Time
Follow all of the directions up until the point of drizzling the sauce and baking the sliders. You do NOT want the bread to stay wet from the sauce for too long prior to baking, and these sliders don’t hold up so well after being baked.
If you plan on making these sliders ahead of time, assemble them as instructed (without the sauce) then cover the tray in plastic wrap. Keep them in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you’re ready to serve, drizzle that sauce and bake accordingly.
Sink your teeth into these easy slider recipes!
- Cheesy Turkey Sliders with Cranberry
- Easy Cheesy Meatball Sliders
- Cheese Stuffed Sliders with Balsamic Onion Jam
- Apple Butter Pulled Pork Sliders
Get the Recipe: Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 Hawaiian Slider Rolls , or mini sandwich rolls
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, mustard, everything seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
- Separate the tops from the bottoms of the rolls and arrange the bottom pieces in the baking dish.
- Layer half the ham onto the rolls and then top with half the Swiss cheese.
- Top the Swiss with the remaining ham and then layer the rest of the cheese.
- Place the top of the rolls on the sandwich then pour the butter mixture evenly over the rolls.
- Bake in the oven until the rolls are lightly browned and the cheese has melted, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Slice into individual sandwiches and serve hot from the oven.